Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Temps

Default Freezing Temps

With most of the country already at or below freezing I might be late in asking this question but do any of you run a bilge heater? I had my boat winterized at the dealer in November.....that being said should I be worried about anything with the boat with these freezing temps we are about to get?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Yes, it's gonna drop real low Monday.

Winterizing is pretty easy, just follow this doc I made.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hmk...w?usp=drivesdk

Hit me up if you want a hand this weekend.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

We winterized but I still might have Cody drop a small space heater in the boat on low with a Christmas light timer. Problem is you cannot rely on power remaining on. A friend drove through the hill country yesterday and said he saw multiple power lines down due to ice.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Yes, it's gonna drop real low Monday.

Winterizing is pretty easy, just follow this doc I made.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hmk...w?usp=drivesdk

Hit me up if you want a hand this weekend.

The boat was winterized by Rinker's back in November and has not been out since. I was just wondering if there are any other precautions that need to be taken.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    We winterized but I still might have Cody drop a small space heater in the boat on low with a Christmas light timer. Problem is you cannot rely on power remaining on. A friend drove through the hill country yesterday and said he saw multiple power lines down due to ice.
    Ya that is very true about power. It is going to be interesting for those of us down here where this is not common at all.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    The boat was winterized by Rinker's back in November and has not been out since. I was just wondering if there are any other precautions that need to be taken.
    If it was winterized properly there really is no need to do anything else. Just wait out the winter and get it "dewinterized" in the spring.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I always have my boat winterized and then summerized at the same time by my dealer here in DFW so I don't have to take it back in the Spring.

Do yall recommend putting an electric space heater inside the boat under the cover in this situation?
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Stay warm, stay safe, and stay off the roads.
    I'm definitely staying put Monday after the horrible pileup in Ft. Worth.

Katy,
    Special Weather Statement until FRI 1:30 PM CST

Action Recommended

Avoid the subject event as per the instructions

Issued By

Houston/Galveston - TX, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area

Inland Harris County

Description

Three winter storm complexes will move through the region. The first of the 3 systems will be arriving early Saturday evening and overnight. Near freezing temperatures will be in place with a threat of freezing rain and sleet. Precipitation amounts should be light but even so icy roads will be issue especially along and north of a line from Bellville to Conroe to Livingston. The second system is likely to bring record-setting cold to the region. Bitterly cold air will be moving into the region behind an Arctic cold front Sunday night into Monday morning. Temperatures will abruptly plummet below freezing with strong gusty northerly winds. Freezing rain changing over to snow is likely with this system. Prolonged periods of freezing temperatures are expected with low temperatures Tuesday morning 5 to 15 degrees. The combination of both the cold temperatures and winter precipitation have the potential to significantly impact life and property. Travel will be severely impacted by hazardous icy and snowy road conditions. Sporadic power outages will be a possibility. Pipes and sprinkler systems may burst if not properly cared for in advance. Do so now! You should plan to stay put for at least a day given where you are Sunday night because travel may be extremely hazardous Monday. Hypothermia will be a possibility for those not dressed appropriately. Brutally cold wind chill readings of -7 to 10 degrees will be likely Monday through Tuesday morning. Remember the 4 P's: pipes, people, pets and plants. In addition, be aware of space heater dangers if not properly placed/used. The third system arrives sometime Wednesday and could bring another round of freezing rain or snow the region and continuing the cold weather though not as cold as Monday night and Tuesday morning it will continue the winter hazards. Confidence on timing and impacts is lower on this system given the potential for an extensive snow cover to be present across the Southern United States and the potential feedback into the third system.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I've always winterized the boat myself.... It then gets put away in my unheated detached garage. In Central Indiana it is pretty much below freezing temps from December to February including in the garage.... my car cleaning supplies freeze solid lol..... Never had an issue with the boat knock on wood. That is the entire point of winterizing so that if it drops below freezing...nothing freezes. If you trust your dealer than nothing to worry about.

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I always have my boat winterized and then summerized at the same time by my dealer here in DFW so I don't have to take it back in the Spring.

Do yall recommend putting an electric space heater inside the boat under the cover in this situation?
    I feel like down here that is how all the dealers do it. They winterize it and then you are good to just drop it in the water in the spring. I am wondering if I should just pop all the plugs out and open the water pump and hose connection and leave them open for the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Stay warm, stay safe, and stay off the roads.
    I'm definitely staying put Monday after the horrible pileup in Ft. Worth.

Katy,
    Special Weather Statement until FRI 1:30 PM CST

Action Recommended

Avoid the subject event as per the instructions

Issued By

Houston/Galveston - TX, US, National Weather Service

Affected Area

Inland Harris County

Description

Three winter storm complexes will move through the region. The first of the 3 systems will be arriving early Saturday evening and overnight. Near freezing temperatures will be in place with a threat of freezing rain and sleet. Precipitation amounts should be light but even so icy roads will be issue especially along and north of a line from Bellville to Conroe to Livingston. The second system is likely to bring record-setting cold to the region. Bitterly cold air will be moving into the region behind an Arctic cold front Sunday night into Monday morning. Temperatures will abruptly plummet below freezing with strong gusty northerly winds. Freezing rain changing over to snow is likely with this system. Prolonged periods of freezing temperatures are expected with low temperatures Tuesday morning 5 to 15 degrees. The combination of both the cold temperatures and winter precipitation have the potential to significantly impact life and property. Travel will be severely impacted by hazardous icy and snowy road conditions. Sporadic power outages will be a possibility. Pipes and sprinkler systems may burst if not properly cared for in advance. Do so now! You should plan to stay put for at least a day given where you are Sunday night because travel may be extremely hazardous Monday. Hypothermia will be a possibility for those not dressed appropriately. Brutally cold wind chill readings of -7 to 10 degrees will be likely Monday through Tuesday morning. Remember the 4 P's: pipes, people, pets and plants. In addition, be aware of space heater dangers if not properly placed/used. The third system arrives sometime Wednesday and could bring another round of freezing rain or snow the region and continuing the cold weather though not as cold as Monday night and Tuesday morning it will continue the winter hazards. Confidence on timing and impacts is lower on this system given the potential for an extensive snow cover to be present across the Southern United States and the potential feedback into the third system.

Ya it is going to pretty nasty that is for sure.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans