Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Underwater & REV 10 Lighting

I am hoping to change the colour my existing stock underwater lights, REVO cabin speakers and Sub to red along with adding LED rings to my REV 10's.

I found a thread explaining how to change the cabin speakers, but I was wondering the following:

1. How would I go about changing the stock underwater lights to red?
    2. Is changing the colour of the sub the same as the REVO's?
    3. My REV 10's have the swivel/quick disconnect mounts, how difficult is it to add LED rings?
    4. Is the tower prewired to the mounts for LED's?
    5. If yes, would the LED's be wired to an accessory switch or would the LED's power up and down with the head unit?

Thanks in advance!
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

1) Gut says you need new lights that are either red, or multi-color. Theres a significant cost difference between single color and multi-color LEDs, so I would not expect Moomba to install an RGB underwater LED and not make use of them. There are 2 basic types of multi-color underwater LEDs. Those that require and external RGB controller to use. These would either be controlled through the touch screen or there would be a wireless remote in the glove box. Second type uses TTP (times toggle protocol) to change colors. By turning the underwater lights off and back on rapidly, cycles the colors.

2) The LED woofer cone "glow kit" is not included on the woofer grill for those buying the woofer and grill on a consumer level. SO I would doubt moomba included it and not made use of it. If its there, you will easily feel and see opaque lens if the light is there. If its not, you just need to source the glow kit and install and wire it.
    3) Difficult is relevant, so its hard for me to answer it, for you. It will require gutting the pod in order to complete the wiring and ring installation.
    4) if the tower is not pre-wired (I do not think it is), you will have to remove the clamps and wire the tower with the appropriate cabling and connectors.
    5) the speaker and woofer LEDs require their own switched power source. They are not powered by the speaker circuit. I would also not use the head unit to turn them on. In this scenario, they would be on the entire time the stereo is on. You may not want this.

If it were me, I would go ahead make use if the RGB capabilities of the Wet Sounds and wire all 3 color up and go with an RGB controller. You want red, leave them on red. But you have the option of other colors and modes as well. If the in-boats are wired for single color now, it would more work then to just change them to a different single color, but greater function in the end.

Much appreciated MLA!

Great information... now to wait for spring so I am able to do some investigating.
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I would not expect Moomba to install an RGB underwater LED and not make use of them.
    might be surprised... i got the RGB package, and they set the speakers to blue with court. lights ... they are actually RGB, and the controller was only using 2 out of 4 outputs, so i converted them to RGB control

my guess is the underwater lights are RGB, even if set to a single color, just from the order volume standpoint. costs less to order all the same part, versus variations in smaller volumes.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    might be surprised... i got the RGB package, and they set the speakers to blue with court. lights ... they are actually RGB, and the controller was only using 2 out of 4 outputs, so i converted them to RGB control

my guess is the underwater lights are RGB, even if set to a single color, just from the order volume standpoint. costs less to order all the same part, versus variations in smaller volumes.
    If you ordered the RGB package and the speaker's blue color only was wired up, you got taken Understand that my comment you quoted was regarding underwater lights, and did not include speaker or other light. Why? Because I think the 2022's are using Wet Sounds Revo series in-boats. Well, ALL the Revo come with the RGB lights, there is no Revo without RGB lights. Underwater lights are different. You can get a nearly identical light, but in single or dual color, but at a much lower cost then the full RGB.

So, wire up those RGB underwater lights and report back. im happy to be wrong.

So if I have, and I do have, a 2021 Moomba Makai that came factory with Wet Sounds REV 10 tower speakers, are you saying they probably have LED's in them and I just didn't know it?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    So if I have, and I do have, a 2021 Moomba Makai that came factory with Wet Sounds REV 10 tower speakers, are you saying they probably have LED's in them and I just didn't know it?

If you are asking me, then no. Read my post again. Revo in-boats are different from Rev tower speakers. The Revo in-boats have the LEDs built in. Rev tower speakers, the LED ring kit has to be added and installed separately.

So if you do not see the opaque ring between the grill and the speaker, then your Rev tower speakers do not have LEDs.

If you are asking me, then no. Read my post again. Revo in-boats are different from Rev tower speakers. The Revo in-boats have the LEDs built in. Rev tower speakers, the LED ring kit has to be added and installed separately.

So if you do not see the opaque ring between the grill and the speaker, then your Rev tower speakers do not have LEDs.
    Ok. I didn't think they did. I didn't order with that option, but never really looked hard either since I didn't expect it.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Ok. I didn't think they did. I didn't order with that option, but never really looked hard either since I didn't expect it.

Our revo cabin speakers are RGB however only wired with 1 wire in 2021.

The REV 10 tower speakers require the Light ring kit from wet sounds and the tower is NOT pre wired for tower lights.

The factory underwater lights are single color. Entire new under water lights would be needed as well as the RGB wiring

I looked into going full disco mode on the boat and its not easy nor cheap haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

If you ordered the RGB package and the speaker's blue color only was wired up, you got taken
    yeah, i feel they half assed it... similar to the exposed wire loom on the A3 tower... i may have ponied up for the protower if i knew that.

there are RGB strips in the pocket right above the speaker, so i think they feel that is enough.

either way i rewired mine. original was 2 channel... speaker pockets and tower speakers on channel 1, underwater on channel 2

now it is:
    all speakers on channel 1 (in boat and tower)
    speaker pockets on channel 2
    added RBG strip under cockpit and rear seat track channel 3
    and underwater on channel 4.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior