Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 2 speed transmission outboards

Quote Originally Posted by endotiger View Post
    The 7 Marine engines were awesome, but the company didn't have much of a chance. They were a small startup with zero fabrication capability. They were an assembly company. All manufacturing was farmed out. I think Mercury will have sustained success with this engine with because they'll be able to support it long-term. I certainly hope it's successful. It looks amazing!
    Let’s be honest, 7marine, Indmar, illmor and other marine engine companies are only as good as what major OEM offer them to start with.

The LSA is a badass engine (happen to have an LSA car) so it’s near and dear to my heart. But once GM cancelled it, 7 marine needed to find a replacement. Perhaps the LT4 was not a great application for continuing with supercharged GM engines.

But a company like mercury builds their own engines, even came up with a near knockoff of a GM 6.2 LS cam in block overhead valve.

Indmar has flip flopped over the years from GM to Ford based on what the OEM’s are offering as a base engine.

The Raptor is a solid performer, but what is the next engine family coming? Back to GM, Godzilla, Could FCA Hemi go marine.....I mean the put a hellcat in everything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 02-12-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

The more I read about the verado 600 the better it gets.

Considering this is a base verado, imagine what the mercury race version will put out.

Typically a supercharger will add 1.25 to 1.5x more power conservatively, somewhere between 750-900hp.

I really like how the whole engine doesn’t pivot, that alone will make boats handle better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan