Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooler set up

Default Cooler set up

Already prepping for a long hot summer and thinking about my cold beverage situation. Unfortunately my last hard cooler a 6 year old yeti 65 was stolen about two years ago and I haven't justified replacing it.
    Now with this summer approaching I only have a hand full of yeti bag coolers and a backpack cooler.

Am thinking about getting a yeti 125 to sit in the center of the boat however wanted to get y'alls opinion first.

Anyone running a large cooler to be semi permanently placed in the deck?

Pictures would be great as I'm wondering if this will add additional seating and be great or take up to much room and be a hassle
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Already prepping for a long hot summer and thinking about my cold beverage situation. Unfortunately my last hard cooler a 6 year old yeti 65 was stolen about two years ago and I haven't justified replacing it.
    Now with this summer approaching I only have a hand full of yeti bag coolers and a backpack cooler.

Am thinking about getting a yeti 125 to sit in the center of the boat however wanted to get y'alls opinion first.

Anyone running a large cooler to be semi permanently placed in the deck?

Pictures would be great as I'm wondering if this will add additional seating and be great or take up to much room and be a hassle
    I run a 48 can AO soft sided cooler and a 36 can AO soft side cooler. I may get another 36 to replace the 48, its just too big and when loaded is too heavy. I would hate one larger cooler in the middle of the boat.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I know the soft coolers I can throw under seats or in compartments however the amount of cans to be consumed I'm afraid it will be to hard to drag one out every 5-7minutes..

which is why I'm thinking a large cooler with easy access right down the center ran long ways would be the best other than losing all and any leg room
    Basically cover up the Moomba logo and possibly even the hatch in the floor.

Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

No coolers in the middle of the floor...period! Find a storage spot for them under the seats and use the soft sided AO coolers or something similar.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Soft side coolers for me too, one Polar Bear backpack and one RTIC. Planning for either to fit right behind the driver seat.

Agree with David, having a large obstacle sitting in the middle of the cabin would be annoying IMO.
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

RTIC 40 fits perfectly in the walkaway if you don't usually have folks in the bow...

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

We use a RTIC 52 or 65 in the middle of the floor and a RTIC soft cooler under the helm and love it. They have gator step on them. Functions as another seat, table, ballast. We love it. Never has missed the floor space. It's a boat, not a dance party. We surf and then chill in the water. No real need for the extra space in our world. We have between 2-10 people on a consistent basis without any complaints.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Love the info on the RTIC 40 bag fitting haha be sure to look at picking one of those up.
    So far I'm thinking one small bag cooler under the transom seat

and another cooler under the bow cushion, both could be easily pulled out and shoved back

I also would for sure try to match the gator step on top of the large cooler! got any pictures of that? Do you sit your 65 long ways or across?

Edit- location 3, small bag cooler behind drivers seat. Forgot about this nice little gatorstep pad there as well..
    Last edited by Josh828; 02-11-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

we put a big cooler in the walkway if we needed to take one. we never used the bow so not a big deal for us but seems most relegate kids to the bow so no biggie to have them stepping up and over a cooler. nice touch to put gator on top to match boat.
    current boats have had coolers in the walkway so same concept.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Love the info on the RTIC 40 bag fitting haha be sure to look at picking one of those up.
    So far I'm thinking one small bag cooler under the transom seat

and another cooler under the bow cushion, both could be easily pulled out and shoved back

I also would for sure try to match the gator step on top of the large cooler! got any pictures of that? Do you sit your 65 long ways or across?

Edit- location 3, small bag cooler behind drivers seat. Forgot about this nice little gatorstep pad there as well..
    Reach out to [email protected] and he should be able to help you out with GatorStep for your coolers. Tell him you're in the Supra/Moomba FB Owners Group and you should get a discount.

They can do some pretty sweet custom designs & logos too.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX