Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooler set up

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    After. Used spray glue and tape to hold the insulation in place. 2 wraps of the material - that was the entire roll. It was snug.

Could not find pics of the drain I used. I had a drain in the garage from a previous plumbing project. Now I can plug it up to hold some ice water in the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like your method too. Looks cleaner than spray foam, but perhaps more R value with foam?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    I rewarded myself with a boat for not messing up and having a kid! ( am unmarried, do not think children are all mistakes haha)

I don't do dogs on boats either so I'm really out of luck on training something to get me a another..

I also knew deep down I was pontoon person just couldn't do it.. now however..

Honestly it won't be long till these boats just have refrigerators built into them, and I can't wait
    I wouldn’t get too excited about catching a good buzz on that new boat.

You are just the limo driver..

I haven’t drank a single beer on my Supra yet.

It’s basically like you buying the limo, filling it with fuel and stocking the booze, while 10 of your buddies and their girls party in the back and tell you where to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    I wouldn’t get too excited about catching a good buzz on that new boat.

You are just the limo driver..

It’s basically like you buying the limo, filling it with fuel and stocking the booze, while 10 of your buddies and their girls party in the back and tell you where to drive.

HA!
    It does feel that way sometimes doesn't it?

I make other people drive my boat all the time just so I can relax and have a beer. They feel special and I get to relax a bit lol.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post

hahaha... good line..
    with the heat here, we go early in the morning-7am and try to be off the water by 1. it's usually north of 110 by then. haven't had a single beer on either of the last 2 boats. kills the whole day to have a buzz at 1030 and exhausted by 2 in the hot sun and the ramps are a $hitshow in the afternoons with a lot of park rangers around. been boarded once already on mead. look on his face was priceless when he thought I had a beer in the coozie and as I pulled up the diet dr pepper can...

now once the boat is cleaned and put away, nothing like sitting on the driveway with a cold one.. or six....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

In Michigan the boat driver can have drink in hand but has to be under .08%.

Yes I have a breathalyzer and yes I know how to stay under the limit lol

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yep same here, they are pretty cool about it unless you're being an ass.
    We get pulled over/boarded every other outing or so. (small lake, bored TWRA lol)
    I just tell everyone in the boat to sit down and shut up and I'm respectful and honest and it always goes just fine.

Only time we've had issues is when passengers who have been drinking try to "help" or be funny.

At this point they know me and usually just wave unless someone is sitting on the sundeck when underway. It never fails that they pull me for that and I tell them I'm sorry and I'll see them next time because I'm not going to force people to not be on the sundeck when I'm going 6 miles per hour, they are grownups they can sit where they please.
    2020 Supra SA

The 3 lakes I frequent have ZERO police presence on the water.

My biggest issue is on several occasions at one of my lakes the county sheriff have pulled next to me in the parking lot because they want to see my boat and talk about it.

My wife and kid both know that if the popo ever asked, they know to jump in the truck like they are driving, my wife rarely drinks and my kid is 18.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Drink in hand is pretty nice! All I know for NC and TN is can't blow over .08% however never heard of them even questioning it at all, mostly just check for life jackets and safety equipment.
    But I also go to pretty small lakes so I'm sure this summer ill be making 2 new friends

I wonder about the legality of the rear facing seats on boats that are practically on the swim deck now?
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Drink in hand is pretty nice! All I know for NC and TN is can't blow over .08% however never heard of them even questioning it at all, mostly just check for life jackets and safety equipment.
    But I also go to pretty small lakes so I'm sure this summer ill be making 2 new friends

I wonder about the legality of the rear facing seats on boats that are practically on the swim deck now?
    Not legal when underway, same as the sundeck area.
    2020 Supra SA

Michigan you can’t sit on the Supra Sundeck flip up seats while moving.

1) they don’t want you to fall off
    2) carbon monoxide risk.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan