Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooler set up

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    That article is very accurate, lol.

35-45 was a slow degradation, 45-50 was rapid…..

My friends and I were just discussing the sit down and stand up noises we all make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya I have an Uncle that just turned 50 and he and I always do a trip once a year to go snowmobiling and I have been wanting to go to AB or ND and do some big mountain riding and he told me "I am not sure I can do 5 days of throwing a sled around in deep powder any more" It was a bummer for me to hear bc he is like a big brother to me and has always been able to hang with me physically but father time catches up to everyone. ( I ended up selling him on doing 3 days of deep powder riding and 2 on trails :P LOL)
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    I still think insulating the in floor bin and making it the cooler is the best mod I have seen yet. Just wish the mondo had room in the floor for a cooler!
    At one point I tried to add a cooler to the rear locker/tub on our Makai so you could easily sit on the swim deck and grab a cold one, but the shape was off so it didn't fit well, then the struts got in the way. It was too tight of a fit to add insulation to the outside of the tub and still get it in there, plus with access port needed something that would seal off and hold ice water so it all wouldn't drain out. Needed more of a inside molded drop in for it.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya I have an Uncle that just turned 50 and he and I always do a trip once a year to go snowmobiling and I have been wanting to go to AB or ND and do some big mountain riding and he told me "I am not sure I can do 5 days of throwing a sled around in deep powder any more" It was a bummer for me to hear bc he is like a big brother to me and has always been able to hang with me physically but father time catches up to everyone. ( I ended up selling him on doing 3 days of deep powder riding and 2 on trails :P LOL)
    I was in great shape between 35-40 and rode in Utah, mountain riding is tough. My limit was getting stuck 4x a day and I couldn’t do more than 3 days.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

After one trip in the Makai, we were really missing the floor cooler built in to our old XLV. So, tape measure, Amazon, and done.

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

That article is very accurate, lol.

35-45 was a slow degradation, 45-50 was rapid…..

My friends and I were just discussing the sit down and stand up noises we all make.

I think it has more to do with people that give up training and working out and let their mundane lives take over. I am in better shape now than 15 years ago, about to turn 45. My 51 year old brother crushes the young guys at Spartan and other competitions. It is hard for most to get back on track after being sedentary for so long. But take care of your body and it will take care of you! Have a purpose, train for something, don't just go through the motions.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I think it has more to do with people that give up training and working out and let their mundane lives take over. I am in better shape now than 15 years ago, about to turn 45. My 51 year old brother crushes the young guys at Spartan and other competitions. It is hard for most to get back on track after being sedentary for so long. But take care of your body and it will take care of you! Have a purpose, train for something, don't just go through the motions.
    Absolutely, but I will say injuries and training set backs are a constant battle.

Train smarter not harder. I have no doubt I could get back to 75% of my 35-40 peak, just need to stop getting joint and back injuries.

25+ years of heavy weight training has cumulative effects.

Yes, work and life get in the way too lol.

However, mountain riding snowmobiles at 8-10k feet is tough work.

Try digging out a 500# sled dug in 5-6 feet deep by yourself because nobody else can get to you because you highmarked them all, lol.

Exhaustion sets in fast at elevation.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Absolutely, but I will say injuries and training set backs are a constant battle.

Train smarter not harder. I have no doubt I could get back to 75% of my 35-40 peak, just need to stop getting joint and back injuries.

Try digging out a 500# sled dug in 5-6 feet deep by yourself because nobody else can get to you because you highmarked them all, lol.

Or down here in the warmer climates an 800# yamaha Grizzly 4x4 stuck in mud over the tires with a heat index of 110 and extreme humidity.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    After one trip in the Makai, we were really missing the floor cooler built in to our old XLV. So, tape measure, Amazon, and done.

Hey that looks good! I did that for a bit with my yeti softside, but it didn't fit as well as yours does. That little tray and trash can they give you in that spot are kinda useless.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Hey that looks good! I did that for a bit with my yeti softside, but it didn't fit as well as yours does. That little tray and trash can they give you in that spot are kinda useless.

yeah, i really have to crush my cans or i fill the trash within the first hour hahaha.

There is almost enough room to move the batteries side by side towards the bow, and leaving the full opening for a cooler... something i may look into when i decide the above deck cooler gets in the way.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

I feel like if you don't get stuck then you are not doing it right lol

Ya I can see the altitude taking a toll quick. Living down here we don't get much experience with that and where we normally ride in your neck of the woods doesn't have much altitude to speak of either.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead