Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cooler set up

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I feel like if you don't get stuck then you are not doing it right lol

Ya I can see the altitude taking a toll quick. Living down here we don't get much experience with that and where we normally ride in your neck of the woods doesn't have much altitude to speak of either.
    I am a flat lander but went to Utah for work often, so renting mountain sleds was ideal.

So wasn’t used to elevation when we rode.

Mountain riding ruined trail riding for me in Michigan.

Nothing better than high marking in fresh powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Mountain riding ruined trail riding for me in Michigan.

Nothing better than high marking in fresh powder.

Ya I can see Mountain riding doing that to me as well but Ill just have to deal I guess LOL
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    yeah, i really have to crush my cans or i fill the trash within the first hour hahaha.

There is almost enough room to move the batteries side by side towards the bow, and leaving the full opening for a cooler... something i may look into when i decide the above deck cooler gets in the way.
    There is a thread on here somewhere showing how they moved the batteries out of there, just forward I believe, and mounted a large plastic tote with a drain hole in that space to hold a large cooler.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

the AO 36 fits nicely behind the driver seat.

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    There is a thread on here somewhere showing how they moved the batteries out of there, just forward I believe, and mounted a large plastic tote with a drain hole in that space to hold a large cooler.

on mine there is a panel/wall with the front pump(s) mounted to it, ballast is on other side, if the pumps were moved, there would be plenty for the batteries in their boxes. otherwise the battery case is too bulky. could get some fancy lithium batteries that take up half the space i guess.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

I know the original post is old, but I feel the need to implore the OP and anyone else, to please purchase Pelican coolers instead of Yeti. Not only are they superior in every aspect of cooling and keeping ice, they are 100% made in the US. Very few Yeti are still made here since they were sold to a private equity firm. But, even thought thats not a huge deal really, Pelican is far superior to what you spend hundreds of dollars on a cooler for...cooling.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Default Cooler set up

I just don’t get the cooler craze in general.

Bear proof? 7 days of ice?

I open a cooler way to often to keep ice, if I see a bear, I am headed the opposite direction WITHOUT the cooler because all I have to do is be ahead of whoever I am with and I am not having a cooler slow me down.

Seriously it’s better if the bear can open the cooler and eat that instead of me.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-26-2022 at 09:10 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

"Seriously it’s better if the bear can open the cooler and eat that instead of me."

Now that statement is true!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Then bear proof statement is due to camping requirements in places in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. If its not bear proof, it must be returned to your car after every use, so the bears don't get the idea that they can go into camp sites and get a good meal. If the camp site is far from the car, definitely something you would want to do. 7-days of ice comes in handy for house boating. Fridge space is VERY limited on most houseboats and the more ice you bring along, the better off you are. We have had occasions where we have to make a mid-week ice run at Lake Powell. When you are camped 15 miles from the closes marina, it is a pain to take in your coolers for replenishment. These new coolers make life so much better.

That said, I don't have one myself. Rather than buying a better cooler, we bought into a better houseboat

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

I was being sarcastic and understand hard core campers and remote house boating uses.

But I am convinced 99% of yeti owners buy solely on brand name and never use it as intended.

Day boating the AO’s fit under the seats and frankly for the infloor, any cooler that fits is great, cheap styrofoam to basic igloo to all out Yeti. heck just skip the cooler and dump ice in the fiberglass bin. The supra floor bins have a drain into the bilge.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan