Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Where is this screen print from?
    go here https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do
    and enter mc405
    this gets you the xplan. they are all over the place and that discount is pretty common. a plan I know is a lot harder.

14k off an f150 is all relative to the trim and option levels. been a minute since I shopped trucks but back when I did in '16 in wisconsin top trim level f150's were being sold for almost 20k off msrp. midlevel 4x4 trims seemed to run 10-13k off msrp. this was in december.

biggest advantage larry points out is 30 minutes and done in the dealership where someone else might spend half a day and pit a couple dealers to get to similar pricing. that's a big advantage in my book....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Since we are talking tow vehicles....3/4 and one ton differences..

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Because the current gen Tundra is so antiquated, I basically stole my 2020 last year on a zero down two year lease. It was a "Godfather offer" and a nice stop gap while things hopefully recover a bit in my industry.
    If you don’t mind me asking, and it may be overstepping boundaries. If it is, feel free to decline and I apologize.
    But I’d been thinking about a tundra as a daily driver, I am seeing 36mo $449 a month with $3300 down as a lease.
    Is that similar to your lease payment, except with 0 down or is it lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking, and it may be overstepping boundaries. If it is, feel free to decline and I apologize.
    But I’d been thinking about a tundra as a daily driver, I am seeing 36mo $449 a month with $3300 down as a lease.
    Is that similar to your lease payment, except with 0 down or is it lower?

I don't know what I did exactly but the stars aligned for my deal. I walked in with a quote from a popular broker on Leasehackr that is in New Jersey I think. It was the last day of the month so maybe they were trying to hit a quota. The quote was like $312 a month before tax with zero down (plus TTL obviously). It was a SR5 with the TRD package. Cloth seats, but otherwise a fairly loaded 4WD with a 49k MSRP. I told them I will pay $500 down (which is what the broker charged for his fee) as well as their doc fee. There was a very high residual being offered at the time by US Bank (not TFS).

They told me to go with the broker, that we were way too far apart. I didn't expect them to accept. That was at 5pm. They called me at 8:30pm and asked if I had time to make it in before they closed. They said 800 down and $320 a month tax included. I was there in 15 mins. I was stunned. The finance guy did get me for a windshield plan that he said was important because of the adaptive cruise control, but I just paid cash for that (it was cheap). He was good, I usually am strong like bull with saying no to the men in the cage

This was for 24 months which I know a lot of people don't like, but it was a perfect stopgap for me while I wait out the uncertainty in my industry (airline). Remember the 1% rule. A good rule of thumb is zero down and 1% of MSRP is a fantastic deal. You are looking at $540 a month with zero down. If it's a Platinum or something with a high MSRP, that's pretty good. If it's a base or mid tier model, then I bet you could do better. It's all about the residuals currently offered as well as the money factor. They change by the month like any other incentive. Toyotas are typically great to lease because of their low depreciation.

I'll tell you. The Tundras are sweet, but they are a brand new 12 year old truck and definitely lack the refinement of newer gen competitors. It doesn't bother me much though and I kind of like how they "drive like a truck". The new Toyota Safety Sense system (which is standard on every trim line) is awesome and I use the adaptive cruise control all the time. It's old school engine technology, but it's bulletproof...no cylinder deactivation or turbos, just displacement and tall gearing that can really move. Here's the caveat though. I honestly get about 13mpg mixed driving (mainly city)...she's thirsty...especially when compared to every other half ton motor out there. I've enjoyed it and it's a sexy, rugged looking truck, and because of my experience with it, I will give the next gen Tundra an honest shake when I turn in my truck (If I don't go HD).

Good Luck...PM me for any more info because I'm happy to help.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Oh and remember

NEVER EVER put lots of money down on a lease for cap cost reduction. Put minimum down and take the higher payment. Always. Gap insurance covers the lessor, not you, the lessee.
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Heads up on USBANK, they are brutal on lease turn in.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I just bought a Highlander and the Costco car program got me double what I could get from the dealer. I never used the program before and pulled it out as a final try for a better price. BTW, used trucks have high trade value. Like boats, they don't depreciation much.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Oh and remember

NEVER EVER put lots of money down on a lease for cap cost reduction. Put minimum down and take the higher payment. Always. Gap insurance covers the lessor, not you, the lessee.
    I’ve never leased before, but I’ve read quite a bit about it. Everyone says the same. Never any down!! If you get in an accident, or whatever have you. You don’t get that back. Negotiate with 0 down.
    I’ve been considering short leases because I turn and burn vehicles every year or 2 other than my diesel trucks. The better half and I like the “flavor”. A few options is nice.
    The offer is for a limited on their site. So 449 if you get them to waive the down seems pretty decent?

I’ve never leased before, but I’ve read quite a bit about it. Everyone says the same. Never any down!! If you get in an accident, or whatever have you. You don’t get that back. Negotiate with 0 down.
    I’ve been considering short leases because I turn and burn vehicles every year or 2 other than my diesel trucks. The better half and I like the “flavor”. A few options is nice.
    The offer is for a limited on their site. So 449 if you get them to waive the down seems pretty decent?

For a limited that would be great. If you go through new cars every few years, leasing is tailor made for you!
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Default Since we are talking tow vehicles....3/4 and one ton differences..

For a limited that would be great. If you go through new cars every few years, leasing is tailor made for you!
    So looking at a 36mo lease on an AT4 Yukon.
    Msrp 75k. Can you negotiate the msrp down like you would on a purchase, say 10k off and then 1% of that with 0 down?
    The lease on the site with 0 down is wanting $996 a month.
    When you say 0 down, does that literally refer to just a signature and walk out? Or still pay the tax and license.
    $1000 a month for a mid level Yukon with a 5.3 is absurd. SQ8 is only a few hundred more.
    But I’d go for it for $650-700 a month with nothing but a signature.

Last edited by j.mo; 02-16-2021 at 12:53 AM.

So looking at a 36mo lease on an AT4 Yukon.
    Msrp 75k. Can you negotiate the msrp down like you would on a purchase, say 10k off and then 1% of that with 0 down?
    The lease on the site with 0 down is wanting $996 a month.
    When you say 0 down, does that literally refer to just a signature and walk out? Or still pay the tax and license.
    $1000 a month for a mid level Yukon with a 5.3 is absurd. SQ8 is only a few hundred more.
    But I’d go for it for $650-700 a month with nothing but a signature.

The 1% rule of thumb is based on MSRP, so in the above example your goal would be $750 - that’s excluding any taxes, fees, etc.

In order to get to that number you need to discount MSRP either by dealer discounts or rebates to arrive at the amount to be leased. You also need to negotiate the money factor (interest rate) since dealers will pad this number to increase profits. Residual value is set by the banks.

Lastly, $0 down is usually talking about cap cost reduction and typically doesn’t include taxes, fees, first month...so you will have to pay something day one.

With all that said, going from $1000 to $650-$700 with $0 down is probably not happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Kaiyen (on order)
    2015 Manitou Aurora SVP
    1982 Checkmate Eluder