Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    The Fords I have been in are nice and not bad on the back but for maintaining myself I have never liked the thought of lifting the cab off to get to the engine. Not bad trucks, just not something I want to do.
    I think that was back in 2008. I am not brand loyal... I have had all three in the past few years and actually had some cummins issues that resulted in a buyback. The duramax was a great truck but the interior options were severely lacking.

Right now I have a 19 F350... all I can say is go one ton. The price difference is minimal for a much bigger payload, and they can absolutely be used as a daily. And, with today's DEF systems, warranty is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I am employee discount loyal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK...

Question then...You're obligated by Moomba Forum bylaws to tell the whole and complete truth so help you God.

These "Employee Discounts for Everyone" that Ram and GM seem to run from time to time. Is it total marketing BS or is that really the same discount employees get "and not a penny more"?? I'm sure employees still do better than the average Joe during these promotions, and you should!
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    OK...

Question then...You're obligated by Moomba Forum bylaws to tell the whole and complete truth so help you God.

These "Employee Discounts for Everyone" that Ram and GM seem to run from time to time. Is it total marketing BS or is that really the same discount employees get "and not a penny more"?? I'm sure employees still do better than the average Joe during these promotions, and you should!
    I have never purchased during those employee discount for all promotions

I am fairly confident they are legit.

Over the years, I have typically had GM and Ford employee discounts and they are model and trim level sensitive.

Ford A plan for example is significantly better for an F150 XLT versus all other trim levels.

GM discount isn’t as good as it used to be but it consistent over trim levels.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Here is the F150 discounts.

X plan is supplier discount
    A plan is employee discount.

Then you add in all the other available regional discounts available to everyone.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

we bought a car a few birthdays ago and had access thru a friend of a friend of a cousin to the A/X plans. it ended up being cheaper for us to walk into the dealership and work our own deal than using plan pricing. granted this was a minute ago and ymmv but for us it was just another pricing level that may or may not be better than going in on your own.

it's not hard to find the pricing out there if you google. def. not a secret.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we bought a car a few birthdays ago and had access thru a friend of a friend of a cousin to the A/X plans. it ended up being cheaper for us to walk into the dealership and work our own deal than using plan pricing. granted this was a minute ago and ymmv but for us it was just another pricing level that may or may not be better than going in on your own.

it's not hard to find the pricing out there if you google. def. not a secret.
    I absolutely think you can negotiate at or near X plan, pretty hard to do better than A plan.

A plan is only for direct employees and direct family members as close as uncle/aunt niece/nephew.

A plan is already under dealer invoice.

Perhaps on a vehicle without much A plan discount and has been on dealer lot awhile you can do better.

But tough to beat A plan plus all incentives on
    An F150.

I was at nearly $14k off MSRP on both my F150’s

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Here is the F150 discounts.

X plan is supplier discount
    A plan is employee discount.

Then you add in all the other available regional discounts available to everyone.

Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize how trim sensitive those discounts are. Do the X/A plan incentives fluctuate month to month like most consumer incentives or do they remain pretty contant? So you take your supplier/employee discount (-) supplier incentives (-) all other national and regional promos. It would be nice to not have to play the game coming in armed like this.

I have friends who got insane prices on their F150's from getting a "custom discount code" in the mail and email (like an appreciation card worth a extra couple grand) straight from the manufacturer (not the dealer). They didn't tell their dealer about it, negotiated a heavy discount, then once they verbally finalized the deal, dropped that bad boy on them. I asked one of them what he did to get the incentive code and he said ..."Nothing, got an email with it". I'm never that lucky lol.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Default Since we are talking tow vehicles....3/4 and one ton differences..

X/A plans are pretty steady but do change.

Regional incentives fluctuate a lot. I still have a 2002 GMC Sierra that I keep around to get the conquest cash.

When you walk into a dealer with A plan around here, the dealer understands you can go to anyone of 20-30 local Ford dealers, so most cut right to the bottom line. My 2019 took under 30 min to sign off.

Most dealers around here list prices with maximum discounts, then tell you which ones you don’t qualify for.

Perhaps different in the motor city than other regions. 99% of people in this area have access to employee or supplier discounts.

Last I checked, Raptors get no plan pricing and Superduty plan pricing is not very good.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Where is this screen print from?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Where is this screen print from?
    Ford plan pricing website