Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The GM 5.3 has plenty of power
    agreed.
    I owned a '00 ford f150 7700 and it towed our tige across the country with no issues, at 8mpg's tho. normal it was 12. it was thirsty.
    bought a '16 1500 4x4 and towed tige back across to slc and again no issues. averaged 12 towing and we get 17-18 town and 20+ highway. it's a solid motor and tows our r23 just fine. imo the weak link are the factory goodyear rubber. otherwise it's a solid tow rig with the z71 pack.

I drove the ram/f150 5.0 at the same time as the chevy and the ram must have had a different rear end ratio as the tach was 1000rpm's higher than either the ford or chevy and all I saw was a truck that would out tow either and do it with a higher overall daily fuel bill. I wanted to like the ford but the chevy hands down rode better on the beat up wisconsin roads...
    fast forward to today and if I was buying I'd certainly give the ram another go.
    tundra? dated and leave it for my conservative old man. nissan? do they still make a full size??
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Nissan does still have the titan, sells about 25k per year.

They were supposed to rebadge the new Ram and sell it as the new titan but deal fell through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Used trucks are going to skyrocket in price.

ALL new vehicle production is way down due to a massive semiconductor shortage industry wide.

This shortage is thanks to the pandemic and the mass increase to online gamers/gaming.

Can’t build trucks without semiconductors.

With new trucks being limited until Q3 2021, used trucks will bring a premium.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Came from an early model titan. I was content with it until i bought the boat. The model i had was geared toward hwy use. Fell on its face on any kind of incline. Searched around and upgraded to a 2019 ram 2500 6.4. They made several changes for the better in 2019 Cab/body design but the biggest imo was the change from the 6spd to the 8spd transmission. I combined that with a 4:10 rear gearing and made it a towing beast. The ride that it has is better than any of the other vehicles we own by far. Told my wife the other day that if we hit the lottery i would upgrade the boat but keep the truck. I couldn't be happier with the ram.
    '18 mojo

Whatever you select, look at the payload sticker on the drivers side door for whatever vehicle you are selecting. You will be shocked to find out little they can actually tow with the options installed in the vehicle from the factory. Also check the hitch rating sticker on the back of the car. Ford notoriously only installs class III hitches which are not rated to pull your boat.

My .02, get a pickup, not the large SUVs. It will be tough to get the payload you need out of any SUV.
    2016 Craz

Toyota - dated, plain, gas hog but reliable
    Ford - i am still not sure about the 6cyl turbo and its longevity
    Chevy - used to hate chevy but own two now (tahoe and colorado) and both have bee trouble free
    Nissan - haven't heard a single good thing about any of them

i would say if you can find a silverado 5.3 or seirra with the 6.2 you would be happy.
    2019 Mondo

Y'all can have a pissing match.

I'll take my 6.7L with 935 lb ft of torque and call it a day.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Y'all can have a pissing match.

I'll take my 6.7L with 935 lb ft of torque and call it a day.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Big diesel truck scary though..

If I were OP I would be finding a diesel in my price range period. No such thing as a "tow rig" that isn't a diesel imo.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Default Help me pick a tow vehicle

I’ve been looking at some f250s in my price range. We’ll see what I come up with.

It was inevitable this would turn into even a tiny pissing match

It isn’t that I don’t want diesel. I’ve never owned one and I just don’t want to add something else to the learning curve. Call me a pansy if you must!

Also. Tapatalk spellcheck is whack!

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    It isn’t that I don’t want diesel. I’ve never owned one and I just don’t want to add something else to the learning curve. Call me a pansy if you must!
    don't worry eder. never owned a diesel and not likely I ever will so you're not alone in that camp
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten