Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Right now it’s just the wife and I. Future will be different. So not a huge seating requirement. Friends will come of course. But they can drive themselves should they not fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say look at an older 3/4 ton.
    If you can afford diesel...do it. So much easier to pull against the water out of the ramp.
    If you go Ford....avoid the 6.4L 2008-2011
    If you go Dodge....watch for rust, wheel bearings, and 66rfe Trans.
    If you go chevy/gmc....rust, ball joints, wheel bearings, avoid LLY (LBZ is your friend)

You have an SUV so why get another? Everyone needs a truck. Once you have 1 you will use it all the time. If you don't need 4x4 that will save you some $$$.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Just to add....this was my 5 minute search locally around Ohio.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=289576266
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Get a fun 2nd rig to drive. I got a 2004 Excursion Ltd 6.0 Diesel 4wd. Around 150k miles that had a rebuilt trans and bullet-proofed engine. Bought from a diesel mechanic. All Black Exterior. Bigger Wheels. Tint. Leveled. No Rust. Tan Leather Interior w/Captain chairs.

Kids call it the E-Wagon. I think it looks like a Swat Mobile. Now they call my 1/2 Chevy Pickup boring.

I love to drive that rig. Yes, it costs more for maintenance and repairs. Nails got two of my tires this past summer that could not be repaired - friggin roofers. Oil and fuel filter changes were more expensive, but an easy DYI. AC started blowing warmer air at the end of the summer, but I will get that addressed once it starts to get warmer in TN.

Crap breaks on older vehicles.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    You have an SUV so why get another? Everyone needs a truck. Once you have 1 you will use it all the time. If you don't need 4x4 that will save you some $$$.
    agree. i'd shop trucks not suv's. you have one already. trucks are great to have around. don't know your location but i'd pick up a 4x4 if it was my coin. you will give up some mileage or years over a 4x2 but even here in the desert we will always have a 4x4. we have used it several times on the ramp here and it's pretty shallow. took a drive out to paddleboard one day and needed 4x4 to get thru the dirt to the lake on a secluded trail.

if you stick to the 1/2 ton, I'd try to stick with a n/a engine, not the turbo 6's that are coming in the fords. the 6's run great but where yours will likely be sitting for longer periods, it's not good on the turbo bearings and can coke up causing failure when you are lugging the engine down. was something to watch in the imports I used to run.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Great points. I think I’ll look at trucks then. I do want it to be a fun vehicle and we don’t currently have the versatility of a truck.

I’ve never owned diesel and the thought of owning one is scary

I’ll keep looking at F150
    Silverado 1500-2500

I’ll try to find something fun. Maybe lifted. Large tires. Tinted. Etc. Why not.

Thanks fellas!

We’re located in 27278

As a long long time Tundra owner (2010-2019) and regularly drive relatives Chevys, Fords, GMCs.... My 2019 Ram 1500 hands down best truck I’ve ever owned/driven.

It tows like a beast and drives like a Cadillac...
    2021 Moomba Max

A bit far away but thinking something like this

https://www.alphaxtremeautoplex.com/...NUM-SUPERCREW/

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    I’ll try to find something fun. Maybe lifted. Large tires. Why not.
    for me, I'd keep in mind that anytime you move away from factory specs there are tradeoffs.
    I'm all in for modifying cars and have done tons over the years but my experience has been doing so decreases reliability and increases maintenance costs longer term. not likely what you want to do on a vehicle that will see limited use and heavy operation when being used.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Great point thanks!