Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Interesting on the Mojo design from FAE. When I bought the FAE in 2018 I received just the single arm (no brace) one for my 2016 Mojo. I would much rather have a brace as well.
    My Mojo was a 15, not sure if it was any different on the transom or not.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Oh, I can assure you the transom is more than an inch thick! .

You sure about that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    You sure about that?
    Guess I'm wrong, happens plenty. Wonder if it's different thickness in other areas? Or that's all that's needed. Never really put much thought into it. Is that for just Moomba or Supra as well?
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Guess I'm wrong, happens plenty. Wonder if it's different thickness in other areas? Or that's all that's needed. Never really put much thought into it. Is that for just Moomba or Supra as well?
    I was working on my ballast venting. I was able to see light through the painted Gunwale. These boat are not as thick as previous ones I have owned. I would like to hope its higher performing materials as opposed to cost savings.
    2019 MAX

I reinstalled my spare exhaust last night. The new stiffener block provided by FAE did not fit. I had to cut it down on the table saw in order for it to fit. This was disappointing, but easily fixed for me. I was also able to do this job myself. I aligned exhaust with hold and the new stiffener block held it in place. I then sprayed glass clean in the exhaust bpile for lubrication. I then applied the god forsaken 5200 and the pipe slid right in. The stiffener block has nut plates attached so you simply install screws and then you are all but done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 MAX

I am curious if others have better success with the new FAE install setup(thicker flange\weld and stiffener block). I am probably selling my recently warrantied pipe, but if it doesn't sell, I might look for field experience if the new version has better luck. If it hasn't sold I will install it in the fall...i keep my boat in a slip and worry about leaving it with a slow leaking cracked weld on the FAE without knowing.

It does have a noticeable difference on sound in the boat though! It appeared to give me problems after a long tubing session with the kids...so curious if anyone else has noticed that!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    I am curious if others have better success with the new FAE install setup(thicker flange\weld and stiffener block). I am probably selling my recently warrantied pipe, but if it doesn't sell, I might look for field experience if the new version has better luck. If it hasn't sold I will install it in the fall...i keep my boat in a slip and worry about leaving it with a slow leaking cracked weld on the FAE without knowing.

It does have a noticeable difference on sound in the boat though! It appeared to give me problems after a long tubing session with the kids...so curious if anyone else has noticed that!
    Just an update. my new FAE Setup failed. A Screw pulled out and the exhaust ripped away from the transom breaking the 5200 Seal.
    2019 MAX

Here’s my update. In the off season, had my buddy seam weld both sides of FAE pipe to flange. FAE as bought has only tax welds on the transom side of the flange. Then, I made my own backing plate for inside the boat out of left over marine grade plywood I used on my subwoofer box. Used longer through bolts to mount along with as much quick set 5200 as I could get there. So far so good this season but I’m not sold that it will last.

Here is a theory — I’m wondering if the folks having the most problems are pulling tubers often. At 20+ mph constantly turning S-turns has to put quite a moment on the cantilevered FAE.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Here’s my update. In the off season, had my buddy seam weld both sides of FAE pipe to flange. FAE as bought has only tax welds on the transom side of the flange. Then, I made my own backing plate for inside the boat out of left over marine grade plywood I used on my subwoofer box. Used longer through bolts to mount along with as much quick set 5200 as I could get there. So far so good this season but I’m not sold that it will last.

Here is a theory — I’m wondering if the folks having the most problems are pulling tubers often. At 20+ mph constantly turning S-turns has to put quite a moment on the cantilevered FAE.
    NOTE:My boat is geared so low that I never go above 17mph. As a general rule we leave the dock and surf at 11mph and below.
    2019 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    NOTE:My boat is geared so low that I never go above 17mph. As a general rule we leave the dock and surf at 11mph and below.
    Wow. What prop/engine combo?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub