Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    on our new Craz the whine from the transmission is VERY noticeable, I don't like it at all. I don't think it is the exhaust or the engine, but the transmission,v-drive. I bought a box of Killmat and am just getting started with the v-drive cover. It's very easy to install and sticks well. I will see if it helps in the spring. Fingers crossed.
    I'm with ya and think it's these indmar running gear they are sourcing. they are stupid loud when compared to the old pcm's I have had in the past.
    we're toying around with doing the same thing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by cwfehr View Post
    Thanks for all the help. Ordered some sound dampening material from amazon. Noico 150 mil, 4mm thick. It was cheap so will give it a go. Also ordered the OEM surf pipe. Hopefully, between the two projects the noise is reduced enough that I don't feel the need to upgrade the sound system!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    That low density foam won’t be as heat resistant as the butyl and there isn’t an aluminum thermal “reflective” layer... don’t know if the running gear throws enough radiant heat to make a difference for the engine and trans covers.

Would definitely steer clear of the manifold areas though if you were planning on hitting the rear locker dividers...
    Last edited by rhouse181; 02-03-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    2020 Kaiyen

Agreed. Ordered the 80mil just a few minutes ago for the hotter areas. Also, if the thicker stuff is too difficult to install I have another option.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    on our new Craz the whine from the transmission is VERY noticeable, I don't like it at all. I don't think it is the exhaust or the engine, but the transmission,v-drive. I bought a box of Killmat and am just getting started with the v-drive cover. It's very easy to install and sticks well. I will see if it helps in the spring. Fingers crossed.
    V drive quiets down considerably after the 20 hr oil / alignment service... or maybe I just got used to it more.
    2020 Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by rhouse181 View Post
    Added double layers of Noico 80 mil butyl and aluminized heat shield to the trans and engine covers on my Kaiyen:

Noico is way less expensive than dynamat. Just make sure you get one of those metal rollers to correctly adhere the self adhesive matts to the panel.
    Boxes are either 18 sqft or 36 sqft. How much do you need to double?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Boxes are either 18 sqft or 36 sqft. How much do you need to double?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Went through the 18 sq ft box on just the engine and trans covers.
    2020 Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'm with ya and think it's these indmar running gear they are sourcing. they are stupid loud when compared to the old pcm's I have had in the past.
    we're toying around with doing the same thing.
    I think the noise on the raptor motor is from the exhuast that is now facing forward and right behind the back seat. You have the all exhaust piping, cats and exhaust noise directed toward you. The older assault engines had the exhuast facing the rear. My lsv with a surf pipe was so quite you could hear the water rippling.
    Last edited by parrothd; 02-04-2021 at 12:27 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Hi All,
    I am a new member and just bought a ‘21 Craz.. There is a high pitch whine that gets loader the more I accelerate. It’s very annoying. It sounds like it is coming from the V-drive. Rep. At the dealer said it was normal, but I’m not so sure. Everyone that gets in the boat comments on it. Am having them take another look when I take it in for the 10 hr. Check up. I had a ‘91 Barefoot Nautique prior that was a v-drive there was no noticeable noise from the v-drive. I guess I thought a new boat would be much quieter. Thoughts?

My 15 Mojo has a v-drive whine.
    My buddy's 19 Craz has a v-drive whine.

I insulated the dog house and engine side panels and it is much quieter than his craz.

Your barefoot nautique was a direct drive and I'm sure was quieter.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

pretty normal, unfortunately. I have a 21 Craz and it has the same whine. Was annoying at first but i used a lot of sound deadening and it has helped a little. Not a ton but a little. We usually have the music on so we don't notice it a lot.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190