Question Looking for recommendations for lake / River UpNorth Michigan to Dock My 2001 Moomba

97C4F7DC-3337-4310-AD12-5A53D5DC4B3D.jpgI was looking for a lake / River to access the UpNorth Lakes.

I have come across some places or properties/ lots on Black River that looked promising to put a dock, and grow over time to a vacation home. My first preference was Torch Lake / Bellaire lower Chain of Lakes and I’m trying to weigh it since there’s nothing reasonably priced with direct access to the lake.

I was hoping there is someone with an Inboard such as a Moomba / Supra / Tiger on these lakes ? if not, why and do i wanna stay away from it.

Basically wondering how it is to boat with an Inboard such as a Moomba / Supra / Tige On a River / water channels like Black River in Cheboygan, MI.

I haven’t been on it but seen from far...

Is it really fully navigable to Mullet Lake / Bert Lake ? I understand there are Locks and dams, so wanna understand how that works for such shallower sized hulls.

Also, time wise what might be the time to traverse say from a point say near the middle of Black River to get to Back Lake ? How about to Mullet lake ?

Any gotchas, or what should I be thinking of with making this decision
    Last edited by Apharcha; 01-26-2021 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Adding a picture of a Map

Can't tell you about all those places as we are in Southern Michigan, but we we've been on torch lake a few years back and it's absolutely awesome. You'll be able to find calm water for sports, and there are nice sandbars.
    I would stay away from the river.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

All the lakes you listed are baller. Torch is $$$$$ but absolutely a stunning lake.

Water that rivals the clearest bluest water of the carribean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Btw I have a 2001 Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Apharcha View Post
    97C4F7DC-3337-4310-AD12-5A53D5DC4B3D.jpg
    I understand there are Locks and dams, so wanna understand how that works for such shallower sized hulls.
    nothing to add to michigan lakes but can say locks were one of the most amazing parts of boating on the fox in green bay. we took almost everyone in from out of town thru them just for the experience....

fun and nothing better than tossing the lock tenders a beer to make the summer day go by....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten