Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Do you keep boat in heated storage? How have you managed the overnight freezing temps? You’re in TN right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not hard to pull the drain plugs worst case

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Do you keep boat in heated storage? How have you managed the overnight freezing temps? You’re in TN right?

A couple different friends keep their boats going and can winterize in 15-20 minutes.. as Larry said, I can pull my plugs and do the crossover hose in about 10 minutes, or run antifreeze through the sea strainer.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Alright perfect timing for convo then. This is our first boat with the strainer which is so amazing.

I’ve been itching to get out but afraid of overnight temps.

I know about the plugs but haven’t located them all just yet.

How many are there? Are these only the blue plugs?

And to be clear. If I take the boat out and say I need to “re winterize” as long as I drain the block in 100% good to go?

Learning to do this will get me out on the water much quicker every year

Anyone have any input on the Ronix District? Used to ride a LF Trip and a LF Bonifay.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Anyone have any input on the Ronix District? Used to ride a LF Trip and a LF Bonifay.
    The district is a solid board, that's I use for guests.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Alright perfect timing for convo then. This is our first boat with the strainer which is so amazing.

I’ve been itching to get out but afraid of overnight temps.

I know about the plugs but haven’t located them all just yet.

How many are there? Are these only the blue plugs?

And to be clear. If I take the boat out and say I need to “re winterize” as long as I drain the block in 100% good to go?

Learning to do this will get me out on the water much quicker every year

Look in your owner's manual online, you have 3 blue plugs and a crossover water hose connection. You're not draining your block as these engines ate close loop cooled, you're draining the raw water that cools the transmission and exhaust manifolds. You have 1 blue plug on the heat exchanger at the transom, remove surf locker wall to get to it and your impeller and oil filter. A plug on your v drive anode and another on a V drive hose to the left of the engine. You have to remove the upholstered panel over the transmission hatch and remove the whole cover assembly, 4 bolts, to access them. It sounds like a lot, but once you do it a couple times, it's a 10-15 minute job. You can also just pump 5 or 6 gallons of antifreeze in through your sea strainer at your transmission hatch until it runs out the exhaust.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Look in your owner's manual online, you have 3 blue plugs and a crossover water hose connection. You're not draining your block as these engines ate close loop cooled, you're draining the raw water that cools the transmission and exhaust manifolds. You have 1 blue plug on the heat exchanger at the transom, remove surf locker wall to get to it and your impeller and oil filter. A plug on your v drive anode and another on a V drive hose to the left of the engine. You have to remove the upholstered panel over the transmission hatch and remove the whole cover assembly, 4 bolts, to access them. It sounds like a lot, but once you do it a couple times, it's a 10-15 minute job. You can also just pump 5 or 6 gallons of antifreeze in through your sea strainer at your transmission hatch until it runs out the exhaust.
    RC created this document and has shared it on a few different threads. It is a good illustration and has good instructions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hmk...gBHMqpoDL/view
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    The district is a solid board, that's I use for guests.
    That is exactly what I am looking for, a board I can enjoy and let others ride as well. Thanks.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    That is exactly what I am looking for, a board I can enjoy and let others ride as well. Thanks.
    You're most welcome, the District and Vault are fairly similar, I think one is continuous rocker and the other is mellow 3 stage. Can't remember right off which is which.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155