Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Only bonus on the factory pipe is when your boat sinks, liability would be with SC.
    and that's a bonus? what I'm amazed with is that these are failing, no matter the frequency it's happening more than just once and doesn't seem to be a widespread recall? both from oem and fae?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Seems so to me too, like I said never tried it myself. There may be enough to just start to engage the brakes, as soon as they began to work the truck would overtake the boat and then the surge would work as designed and stop the boat.
    As for whether popping into neutral will do that or not I dunno but I'm going to test it for fun next time I have it hooked up for sure. Good trick for the bag if it works.
    last fall we were heading down the ramp truck first. at the bottom I spun around and started backing the boat in. once the trailer tires are in the water I let the gf take over to dump and go park the rig and I tend to the boat. I went to stop about 20ft from boat at the water and we kept sliding toward the water backwards. we slid for about 10ft. I'm not really sure whether or not sheer weight, a patch of good pavement or the trailer brakes finally stopped us BUT I can say that during that few seconds I about $hit myself and no way I would have had the reaction time to pop the truck into neutral IF that would have stopped us. it all happened so fast. I can bet it's the same situation with those that end up vehicle in the water. it was a good lesson and quite a few takeaways for us.
    I still can chuckle at vehicles that end up in the water but it almost happened to us and if it never happens to anyone again that would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    and that's a bonus? what I'm amazed with is that these are failing, no matter the frequency it's happening more than just once and doesn't seem to be a widespread recall? both from oem and fae?
    Was laced with a generous amount of sarcasm, but seriously, it would fall back on SC as a manufacturer defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

last fall we were heading down the ramp truck first. at the bottom I spun around and started backing the boat in. once the trailer tires are in the water I let the gf take over to dump and go park the rig and I tend to the boat. I went to stop about 20ft from boat at the water and we kept sliding toward the water backwards. we slid for about 10ft. I'm not really sure whether or not sheer weight, a patch of good pavement or the trailer brakes finally stopped us BUT I can say that during that few seconds I about $hit myself and no way I would have had the reaction time to pop the truck into neutral IF that would have stopped us. it all happened so fast. I can bet it's the same situation with those that end up vehicle in the water. it was a good lesson and quite a few takeaways for us.
    I still can chuckle at vehicles that end up in the water but it almost happened to us and if it never happens to anyone again that would be a good thing.
    Most trucks end in the water after driver exists truck and takes foot off brakes. Once the foundation brakes release the truck on a slick ramp is free to slide into the lake

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Wow!

So you weren't even close to the water? That's insane. What kind of grade is your ramp???? Was it gravel? I'd still be trying to get that pair of underwear clean.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Only bonus on the factory pipe is when your boat sinks, liability would be with SC.

I'd honestly have the boat configurator up on my Iphone before I even had a chance to say "Don't ever let go Rose", to my wife.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    I'd honestly have the boat configurator up on my Iphone before I even had a chance to say "Don't ever let go Rose", to my wife.
    Love it!!!! A man with his priorities in order.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hahaha!

Wife: Are you calling for help!?

Guppy: no I’m posting to the Moomba forum to see what people think of this color scheme

2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    When you go out of reverse the solenoid locks out so the truck pushing on the boat will theoretically push the brakes.
    In practice no idea if it works.
    On a ramp all the pressure would be on the front of the ball pulling the truck backwards. being in neutral and still on the brakes is not going to shift the pressure to the back of the ball to compress the master cylinder. Going backwards down hill with surge brakes on the trailer in every scenario would be no functional brakes on the trailer.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Wow!

So you weren't even close to the water? That's insane. What kind of grade is your ramp???? Was it gravel? I'd still be trying to get that pair of underwear clean.
    we were 20ft from the water. it was wet quite a ways up the ramp from the fishing guys pulling out. they show up at 4 or 5am and off the water by 9ish.
    ramps are concrete and not crazy steep but the grooves that most ramps have are hit and miss at mead since they have poured so many new ramps from the lake levels dropping.

LOVE your response on the boat builder up. funny chit......