Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I waited until it shipped lol,

That said it’s pretty easy to find on the internet’s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And people piss and moan over 5 cents a gallon every day at my gas station..

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    And people piss and moan over 5 cents a gallon every day at my gas station..
    I drive 3 blocks down if it's 2cents cheaper
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Raptor 400 vs 575

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I drive 3 blocks down if it's 2cents cheaper
    Oh I know.

But for some reason everyone wants their boat dealer to make a healthy and “fair” profit

I absolutely expect my dealer to make a fair profit or else they will no longer be a dealer.

Just pointing out how much room there is to help understand how much discount you can negotiate.

Moomba 6-8% is a good target
    Supra 18-21% is a good target

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Oh I know.
    But for some reason everyone wants their boat dealer to make a healthy and “fair” profit
    I'm all about them making some money but what is defined as "fair"?
    cousin and I bought same exact boats 2 months apart in 2020. we didn't find out until a month later and ironically they are almost same spray pattern. came from different dealers over 1500 miles apart. $2500ish difference in options but just short of 18k difference in otd price(w/o tax). one dealer is largest independent single location dealer. other is a pretty decently sized dealer. both sell same lines of wakeboats new. only difference, cheaper dealer sells cycles and sleds. higher priced only sells boats.

"fair" profit to my cousin that paid more?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'm all about them making some money but what is defined as "fair"?
    cousin and I bought same exact boats 2 months apart in 2020. we didn't find out until a month later and ironically they are almost same spray pattern. came from different dealers over 1500 miles apart. $2500ish difference in options but just short of 18k difference in otd price(w/o tax). one dealer is largest independent single location dealer. other is a pretty decently sized dealer. both sell same lines of wakeboats new. only difference, cheaper dealer sells cycles and sleds. higher priced only sells boats.

"fair" profit to my cousin that paid more?
    Ouch!
    I'm a big proponent of price fairness and can't stand people gouging. At the same time though if you pay 18k more than someone else for the same thing it's got to be at least partially your fault

Fair markups are different in every industry and at every location. It all comes down to how many boats/things they sell a year.
    My company competes with others that charge literally 3-5x what we do for the same product. We could get those clients who are rich enough/stupid enough to pay that but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I prefer to make more sales at lower margins.
    I assume boat dealers are the same way.
    2020 Supra SA

Negotiating skills start with knowledge, not everyone has the same knowledge available.

I know what discount I am comfortable with and I have decent googlefoo skills.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Negotiating skills start with knowledge, not everyone has the same knowledge available.

I know what discount I am comfortable with and I have decent googlefoo skills.

Seedealercost.com has been in my Arsenal for years

Seedealercost.com has been in my Arsenal for years

Ding ding ding ding!!!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I've always wondered about that web site. Quite frankly I don't think it's accurate. Anyone know where they are getting their information from? They don't site any sources.

A very quick glance at the 2021 Mojo show EVERYTHING that I compared is marked up 33%. I'd be very surprised if every option has the same markup.