Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I've always wondered about that web site. Quite frankly I don't think it's accurate.
    I have wondered the same thing. supra/tige are private companies and I would hazard a guess that they are not sharing that data. it would be easier to ballpark the public company product(bu).

wonder if it's a known industry average for markups and they are taking msrp and applying some formula to all boats based on your findings at 33% markup.

just for fun I looked up our boat. according to that website, dealer made around $5k on our sale. highly doubt that but one never knows.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I've always wondered about that web site. Quite frankly I don't think it's accurate. Anyone know where they are getting their information from? They don't site any sources.

A very quick glance at the 2021 Mojo show EVERYTHING that I compared is marked up 33%. I'd be very surprised if every option has the same markup.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I have wondered the same thing. supra/tige are private companies and I would hazard a guess that they are not sharing that data. it would be easier to ballpark the public company product(bu).

wonder if it's a known industry average for markups and they are taking msrp and applying some formula to all boats based on your findings at 33% markup.

just for fun I looked up our boat. according to that website, dealer made around $5k on our sale. highly doubt that but one never knows.....
    Some units have a pictured invoice.
    Same goes for RV’s. The markups are massive.
    Just wheeled a deal on a Low Rider S Harley for my buddy a couple months ago citing SDC info. They are close, and the info is relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Some units have a pictured invoice.
    Same goes for RV’s. The markups are massive.
    Just wheeled a deal on a Low Rider S Harley for my buddy a couple months ago citing SDC info. They are close, and the info is relevant.

It’s in the ball park and a good reference to use, no way will a boat dealer tell you invoice like a car dealer will.

Boat dealers and territory are different than automobiles.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    It’s in the ball park and a good reference to use, no way will a boat dealer tell you invoice like a car dealer will.

Boat dealers and territory are different than automobiles.

I checked a few of the costs and they are pretty close surprisingly. I looked at power sports stuff and I was shocked it was within in a couple hundred of what it is. Invoice a car dealer shows you is still not actual cost. They get hold back on top of that as well.

I can't speak to current state... when I bought my 1000ninja in wisconsin in '13 the dealer and I spoke about incentives and hold backs. he stated kawi was funding part of the bike as it was an '11 sold new in '13.
    dealer in arizona in '19 when I bought my z650 wouldn't say as much but didn't say no. it was a '17 leftover bought with 1 mile in '19.

this was on holdbacks. boats seem to be the only thing I have ever purchased that push "territories" but I haven't ever shopped rv's or travel trailers.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I can't speak to current state... when I bought my 1000ninja in wisconsin in '13 the dealer and I spoke about incentives and hold backs. he stated kawi was funding part of the bike as it was an '11 sold new in '13.
    dealer in arizona in '19 when I bought my z650 wouldn't say as much but didn't say no. it was a '17 leftover bought with 1 mile in '19.

this was on holdbacks. boats seem to be the only thing I have ever purchased that push "territories" but I haven't ever shopped rv's or travel trailers.
    Depending on the sales person... they might not know anything about hold back. Most sales people don't. When i started years ago I had no idea.

For those wondering. “Hold back” is money that is “held back” and released from the manufacturer once the unit is sold.
    My last truck I bought was invoice minus holdback. Which I gunned for and argued for 4 hours over that $1500. The first $14,000 was a 10 minute affair. The last 1500 was where the fight was. I got $1000 of it though lol.

What does everyone use on their boats to clean/protect it? Both on the exterior and the interior. Then also the on the gatorstep flooring? I've thought a little about ceramic coating it, but that can get pretty costly. Just curious what people do both on a regular basis when you take the boat out, but also as preventative.

Default Raptor 400 vs 575

Quote Originally Posted by Duke-s View Post
    What does everyone use on their boats to clean/protect it? Both on the exterior and the interior. Then also the on the gatorstep flooring? I've thought a little about ceramic coating it, but that can get pretty costly. Just curious what people do both on a regular basis when you take the boat out, but also as preventative.

1) IGL ceramic coat all gelcoat, quick detailer wipe down after coming out of lake. (Not a popular option)

2) dawn and water interior (chill tech only)

3) Hula RAD 5 or RAD10 on gator step (benchmark cleaner for GS)

Last edited by larry_arizona; 01-22-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan