Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default towable pump- please don't hate me :)

we have found here in sin city that finding people that regularly want to go to surf is a challenge. that said we have several people that want to go boating but surfing just isn't their bag as they struggle to get up and don't enjoy it and no way skiing/wakeboarding will be happening.
    to ensure we have enough activities for a day on the water, considering picking up a tube again. having other activities to do ensures that anyone we take have a great time just like we do surfing....

I liked the tube we had many years ago and will be picking up the same one so don't need recommendations on that but pumps were always a source of frustration. NOT interested in a manual pump so for those of you that do whip out a tube occasionally or regularly, is there an electric pump out there that won't break the bank that you have had good luck with?

zips up my flamesuit for even posting something to do with the dreaded tubing activity but we really want to be good hosts on the water and getting new and more people to go means more surfing days for us.. a win/win in my book

I have been intrigued with vegas in that mead is such a HUGE body of water that we never have trouble finding nice water on but finding people here that want to hit the lake is a major challenge. people either tried it and don't enjoy the lake, have their own boats already or have a crew they go with. it's the hardest area we have ever lived to find 3rds to go. those of you with kids have it lucky to always have 3rds to go
    a chunk of this area leaves their house, goes to work/school/errands, come home, close the garage door and never see them again until they leave. a far cry from WI bbq-ing in our garage/driveway and all the neighbors out doing the same thing.
    tia.
    Last edited by sandm; 01-13-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We have great luck with this pump, simple, good price, use it on multiple sizes of openings, and deflates. Helpful tip though, get a piece of string and tie it to each adapter then tie the string to the handle as the adapters don't float

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-12-Vo...569800&sr=8-27

I much prefer the ones that connect to your battery to power up.

We use this one and it is way better than the cigarette powered portable pumps.

https://www.amazon.com/Airhead-High-...b_b_asin_title
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

The HO Sports one is amazing! It also attaches to the battery terminals but is so fast, we are actually willing to pump up the tube when the kids want to go for a spin. Plus, all the attachments are connected to the end of the hose by string so you won't lose them.

https://www.amazon.com/HO-Sports-Hig.../dp/B0064FP8HU

Is there a ban/block feature on this forum?

sandm is dead to me.

2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

thanks guys. never had one that clipped to the battery. have to think about that one as it looks like they are much more robust BUT my batteries are a PITA to get to.
    a longer fill hose and I'd mount it permanently but 2ft hose isn't going to go far. maybe another winter project will be to add some pos/neg nubs somewhere to make it easier to hook to the battery.
    28 amps is no joke tho if that's what it draws... serious current...

had the cig lighter ones in the past and remember one year going thru 3 of them. some are cheap junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Is there a ban/block feature on this forum?

sandm is dead to me.

haha. don't worry. mead is big enough for both of us trust me I HATE being that guy but we are courteous boaters so we'll always find crappy water to run this in and save the glass/coves for ski/boarders...

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    haha. don't worry. mead is big enough for both of us trust me I HATE being that guy but we are courteous boaters so we'll always find crappy water to run this in and save the glass/coves for ski/boarders...

I'm that guy too brother...

I can one up you....

When no one is watching...I listen to Taylor Swift.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Hell, tubing is more fun than surfing and if you disagree you're old
    Nothing quite like putting the madman behind the wheel and holding on while actively trying to be killed on a tube lolol

I've got a little rechargable pump that works ok, not quite fast enough but it takes up no room and lives in the glovebox. Ran a while season on a charge, but we only tube 5 or 6 times a season probably
    2020 Supra SA

Dude, we tube and we love it. Kids of all ages and adults. Try holding onto your beer while the wife is whipping you around at 30+mph.
    I pull 5 kids in 5 tubes and whip them around and they love it. They can go for hours. It all depends on how you tube. We often see pontoons and fishing boats pulling a tube on a straight line, boring. You wanna know what real rubbing is like, tube with us. Just make sure you're not working the next day.
    As for pumps, don't even bother with those plug in pumps. Get this:

I use a5 amp battery and it'll last a few trips. That's filling multiple tubes a few times. It'll fill a 2 person tube in mere seconds. Take the plug fully out and use the wide tip top get air in fast, then put the plug in with the 1 way valve and finish filling it. It's slower with the valve so I just use it to top it off. No cables. You'll never use another pump again. DeWalt is the only one that has the tips for filling floatables. Look on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost