Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    We had close to 750 hrs and it ran like a champ. Take good care of it and do the yearly maintenance and you should be good to go.
    agreed. our '06 supra launch 20ssv was the most trouble free boat we have owned..... and one that I could actually turn a wrench on pretty easy.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

congrats on the purchase! it looks like a really nice machine. I love the all white!
    2021 Moomba Max 400

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    I was wondering who was going to bag on that ghost....Rubber wheel decal remover....

https://www.amazon.com/Whizzy-Wheel-...dDbGljaz10cnVl

First mod on the books....

Does the decal remover really work well? I have old registration numbers to switch out.
    2013 Outback V
    2018 Helix sold
    2007 Centurion elite sold

Nice man!!
    Love to see people excited.

Looks like a nice ride. I’m fairly new here as well, but seems like a good group of helpful guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twill View Post
    Indeed! Brian was awesome!

We live kind of smack dab in between Lake lewisville and grapevine - I think we will probably gravitate to Lewisville just because we live in Lewisville, but with it being trailered, we want to try out lakes and figure out what we like. What like do you spend the majority of your time on?
    Ray Hubbard is our main lake. Lewisville is fun and you will enjoy it. Lewisville is the scene for Dfw. Busy weekends. You will see several fellas from here at Lewisville on the regular. Ray Roberts is not far if you want a peaceful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Twill, congrats and great looking boat. What wakeshaper did you get with the boat? Do you have any pics?

Brandon, does the decal remover work well? The large tribals on my boat need to go.

2005 Tige 22v

Decal remover wheels do work very well.
    Keep it low and slow so as not to overheat the gel but they make a hard job easy.
    Just be aware that after years you're likely to have different colored gel coat underneath.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Twill, congrats and great looking boat. What wakeshaper did you get with the boat? Do you have any pics?

Brandon, does the decal remover work well? The large tribals on my boat need to go.

2005 Tige 22v
    I am not sure the exact type of wakeshaper. It had been put on aftermarket - fixed piece on both sides with a plate that rotates out and down to your desired adjustments. I'm going to run back to the boatyard today to get some measurements so I'll take pics. I need to get some covers for the wetsound tower speakers since they are sitting outside right now.

Does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions on best practices for fully covering a boat when stored outside? Not sure how worried I need to be about trying to keep the hull away from sunlight?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games Edition

The sunlight will fade your gelcoat over time. I had custom canvas flaps that came with my boat that I attached to the sides and they hung down to about the trailer level. I am sure they were a custom job, but I think any canvas shop or custom upholstery place could make something similar.

image_47488.jpg
    image_47487.jpg
    Last edited by mgswake; 01-12-2021 at 11:18 AM. Reason: adding pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    The sunlight will fade your gelcoat over time. I had custom canvas flaps that came with my boat that I attached to the sides and they hung down to about the trailer level. I am sure they were a custom job, but I think any canvas shop or custom upholstery place could make something similar.

image_47488.jpg
    image_47487.jpg
    That is a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing. My boat has a cover for the front and back (2 pieces). I wonder if that would be sufficient to add side flaps like you have here to supplement the existing cover.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games Edition