Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Absolutely Agree 100%
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

As long as I don’t grow a beaver tail or a third arm I will be getting a vaccine as soon as possible.

Although think of how much more work you could get done with another arm.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I thought this was you Larry in high school??
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wow - this is not how I say this thread going.

On a real topic - the boatyard informed me I've got an out of date button down cover and recommended upgrading to a full body cover (one piece) with a wench system. Does anyone have a good recommendation on where to get a good quality budget cover? Don't want to break the bank starting out.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games Edition

My apologies on the derail shenanigans, winter time and covid fatigue is real.

If you trailer often, check out the commercial sewing outer armor covers. Ratchet strap cinch style that pulls a vacuum at trailer speeds so there is zero gelcoat buffing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Twill View Post

On a real topic - the boatyard informed me I've got an out of date button down cover and recommended upgrading to a full body cover (one piece) with a wench system. Does anyone have a good recommendation on where to get a good quality budget cover? Don't want to break the bank starting out.
    I mean....sure, you don't see many button down covers any more on new boats. But yours isn't new. It has what a 2008 Mobius typically has. I would just stick with that cover and then buy a nice tarp for added sun protection. You are going to "find" so much stuff to spend your money on that can cumulatively break the bank, I'm not sure I would throw any money on this. I mean.....fenders, anchors, life vests, boards, ropes, etc..It all adds up. I'm sure there will be many (way more knowledgeable than me) who may disagree.

Heck...

By the time you spend the coin on the "in date" full boat cover with wench, you mine as well just order a new Makai or Supra SL..
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Twill View Post

If your cover works then I'd keep it, regardless of if it's "new" or not. If it has a tear or something, then I would recommend Vic's Marine in Rowlett. They did a custom cover for me last year. I can't remember what I paid but it seemed reasonable. It has a ratchet on both sides of the boat to tighten it to the boat. They installed trailer straps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    My apologies on the derail shenanigans, winter time and covid fatigue is real.

If you trailer often, check out the commercial sewing outer armor covers. Ratchet strap cinch style that pulls a vacuum at trailer speeds so there is zero gelcoat buffing.
    this forum is just as notorious as any for derails. have to get used to it to be on here

that said commercial sewing builds some crazy covers. so does evolution. either would be a solid cover but they are going to set you back almost or just over a grand.
    storing outside would tho have me buying a good cover as that boat looks to be in amazing condition and to keep it that way requires work and money.
    our last boat we had to store outside for the summer until we moved into our house so we had the cover below built. it was spensive but covered it completely. would think a custom for the lsv as it's not as tall nor long would run 1200. keeping in mind too ours was just a mooring cover. could NOT use it to tow with but we don't tow with a cover on so was a moot point for us.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I store my boat inside, but if I stored it outside, in addition to a good quality mooring cover like Sandm has, I'd throw a big tarp over the whole thing, trailer and all. I know the boat is the most important to protect, but these trailers are pretty nice these days. I have the color painted fenders and wheel accents and I would hate for those to fade over time under the relentless pounding of the UV sunlight, eventually the fenders will take a pale pinkish color, no bueno. Sandm, that's a nice trailer with blue fenders, would not want that to be ruined. Tarp is cheap and easy to throw over the whole thing and tie with bungees.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    this forum is just as notorious as any for derails. have to get used to it to be on here

that said commercial sewing builds some crazy covers. so does evolution. either would be a solid cover but they are going to set you back almost or just over a grand.
    storing outside would tho have me buying a good cover as that boat looks to be in amazing condition and to keep it that way requires work and money.
    our last boat we had to store outside for the summer until we moved into our house so we had the cover below built. it was spensive but covered it completely. would think a custom for the lsv as it's not as tall nor long would run 1200. keeping in mind too ours was just a mooring cover. could NOT use it to tow with but we don't tow with a cover on so was a moot point for us.
    That's exactly what I was looking for Sandman - given the fact that this boat has been really well cared for, I want to give it the absolute best care I can with having to keep it outside. So I will definitely look into a cover like this to protect the ENTIRE boat. I'll check out commercial sewing. I've got a mother who sews professionally too, she's just in a different state. So I may be able to do something like this on the cheap.

The boatyard forgot to put the covers on over the weekend for me and it got rained on. The newbie in me had a sick to my stomach feeling when I saw it - we got a lot of rain over the weekend, but they assured me boats are intended to get wet, let it dry out and get it covered back up - no harm no foul. I guess you just wouldn't want prolonged days like that to happen. Being new, it's hard to know what's acceptable and what isn't!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games Edition