Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Sandm, that's a nice trailer with blue fenders, would not want that to be ruined. Tarp is cheap and easy to throw over the whole thing and tie with bungees.
    is, no worries. that boat is now basking in the less brutal than sin city minnesnota sunlight.... not sure if the new owner stores in or out but he was a 22 year old kid so doubtful he has an "up nort" place yet
    we kept the cover for our new whip but towers are different so it's not an exact fit but keeps the garage dust off during our 3 month layup.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Sweet cover. Like like a cig boat under there.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Twill View Post

The boatyard forgot to put the covers on over the weekend for me and it got rained on. The newbie in me had a sick to my stomach feeling when I saw it - we got a lot of rain over the weekend, but they assured me boats are intended to get wet, let it dry out and get it covered back up - no harm no foul. I guess you just wouldn't want prolonged days like that to happen. Being new, it's hard to know what's acceptable and what isn't!!
    I started out in an 08 LSV as well and it experienced some wild downpours and never missed a beat other than the gauges fogging up after being soaked. Some of these down pours were in the water too, one time we were out on the Trinity river a storm snuck up on us and it was raining buckets. Couldn't hardly go above idle without visibility completely going away. We finally made it to the dock and bailed out of the boat to a covered porch at the camp ground office and sat for like an hour watching the bilge pump evacuate water. Took a while to dry the carpet out after that one.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I started out in an 08 LSV as well and it experienced some wild downpours and never missed a beat other than the gauges fogging up after being soaked. Some of these down pours were in the water too, one time we were out on the Trinity river a storm snuck up on us and it was raining buckets. Couldn't hardly go above idle without visibility completely going away. We finally made it to the dock and bailed out of the boat to a covered porch at the camp ground office and sat for like an hour watching the bilge pump evacuate water. Took a while to dry the carpet out after that one.
    Super helpful to know stuff like that is just part of the boat ownership. Helpful to learn what is and isn't normal. Now to really dig in and learn about what it takes to change my own oil...
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games Edition

Lots of threads on it. Buy a vac extractor if u dont have one. Only way to change the oil.

Super helpful to know stuff like that is just part of the boat ownership. Helpful to learn what is and isn't normal. Now to really dig in and learn about what it takes to change my own oil...
    You need an oil extractor, I use the PELA6000 as do many others on here. There us a hose that is clipped to the starboard side of the engine that was a 1/4" NPT fitting, this is your oil drain hose. The fitting comes with a cap on it, you can insert a smaller hose into this hose to get down to the bottom of the oil pan or you can make a filling that will thread onto this hose. I made the fitting as it allows the oil to drain much faster since your not inserting a tiny hose into an already small hose. Extracting the oil is best to do if with the engine warm as the oil will flow faster as well so if you have a fake a lake and can run it in your drive way that is a huge plus. The filter is on an easily accessible remote mount towards the front starboard side of the engine bay. It's overall a very easy procedure, just take a little longer than a standard car oil change due to having to suck it out.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Lots of threads on it. Buy a vac extractor if u dont have one. Only way to change the oil.
    I've been reading through some of them - the Moomba requires Pennzoil 14w40 marine. But I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on is that necessary? Seems like it's kind of hard to find too. So feel a little confused on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    You need an oil extractor, I use the PELA6000 as do many others on here. There us a hose that is clipped to the starboard side of the engine that was a 1/4" NPT fitting, this is your oil drain hose. The fitting comes with a cap on it, you can insert a smaller hose into this hose to get down to the bottom of the oil pan or you can make a filling that will thread onto this hose. I made the fitting as it allows the oil to drain much faster since your not inserting a tiny hose into an already small hose. Extracting the oil is best to do if with the engine warm as the oil will flow faster as well so if you have a fake a lake and can run it in your drive way that is a huge plus. The filter is on an easily accessible remote mount towards the front starboard side of the engine bay. It's overall a very easy procedure, just take a little longer than a standard car oil change due to having to suck it out.
    Thanks for the tips - I'm excited to get my hands on it and start learning it - I'm ordering the extractor for sure.

Also, are there video how to's anywhere in these threads? I'm still learning how to navigate. If not, I want to create some content as I'm learning definitely for myself to be able to recall, but hopefully would help future people like me.

I've been reading through some of them - the Moomba requires Pennzoil 14w40 marine. But I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on is that necessary? Seems like it's kind of hard to find too. So feel a little confused on that front.
    to each their own. we always used shell rotella in our old ext340 engine that was in the supra. used that same oil in the pcm ex343 as well. iirc either t5 or t6 synth.
    lots of opinions on oil so search on here.