Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Window tint

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    got it.
    it's not a lot different than some car rear windows. our old eclipse gst had 2 refuse before 1 did it.
    imo a lot of the tint shops are fly by night. finding a reputable shop that has been around the block should yield a good job if they know the biz.

a quick yelp search in vegas yields 200+ tint shops. I bet over half would jack it up
    Absolutely, I found a tint shop that understands multi curve glass tinting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

a quick yelp search in vegas yields 200+ tint shops. I bet over half would jack it up
    For sure. When I spoke to the local guy here, he already mentioned that window item to me when we spoke on the phone. He did a SA before my boat and knew all about it. Said he could handle it and make it look good. That's what he did.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    For sure. When I spoke to the local guy here, he already mentioned that window item to me when we spoke on the phone. He did a SA before my boat and knew all about it. Said he could handle it and make it look good. That's what he did.
    You are welcome, lol...they practiced a couple times on mine before figuring out they needed to use a thinner more pliable film. The orange SA also came out really nice.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    they practiced a couple times on mine before figuring out they needed to use a thinner more pliable film.
    we tore the film off our last z3 that the guy had put on. I would not wish that job on ANYONE. it took 2 of us almost 5hrs and almost a 1/4gallon of goof off to remove it all. film came off easy but man the glue.... what a mess.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    You are welcome, lol...they practiced a couple times on mine before figuring out they needed to use a thinner more pliable film. The orange SA also came out really nice.
    Yes, special thanks to the "Ron Burgundy" and probably the "CreamSicle"
    2018 Supra SL400