Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Autowake and resale

I am a pure wakeboarder and do not care to surf. I have ridden boats without Autowake all my life and mostly without speed control. My question is Autowake able to be added on later if I want to add it on or I sell the boat and the next buyer wants to add it on? Also is the G6 pump system able to be added on, or is this factory only? Thanks.

I believe you can always add extra pumps later on but likely not for as cheap as you can when ordering (unless you are doing all the work yourself). I would think that for enough money and time hunting down the parts you can probably add autowake but the cost to do so would likely be prohibitive let alone the challenge to get the software and sensors etc.

I am not an expert but when choosing what to add to my boat and the research on add now or cost to add later I would suggest that autowake is a must add now as you will never justify the cost to add it later. That being said autowake is not an option anymore as far as I know so unless you are looking at older boats and if you are I would say you will never justify the costs to add it let alone if you can even get all the sensors and programming to add it.

The pumps are completely up to you but even for wakeboarding faster fill and drain times are always nice even if it is only saving you a minute or two depending on how much ballast you board with.

I will say if you are thinking about resale now the fact is that surfing is driving the industry and even if you don't surf the value for surf related adds is probably worth it in the long run but it is your money and I totally get drawing the line somewhere.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

I don’t think you can add autowake after the fact and if you add pumps, you also need to get new bags or add fittings.

For resale , get autowake and G6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thank you for the replies.

Chuds, I was looking at the new Mojo's. I think you are right it looks like you can order with 1. Flow 2 and Autowake (+$0), 2. Flow 2, Autowake and G6 (+1310), or 3. Flow 3 Autowake and G6 (+2600).

I guess I would just order it with so it would help resale and I am sure I would surf every now and again. Or, a guest might want to try.

Can you order a boat with flow 2 and upgrade to flow 3 at a later time?

Thanks again for the info.

There is a thread on here where someone has successfully added flow 3 after the fact to a max (you cannot order a max with flow 3). That being said I got the impression from reading the thread that your ability to add it after the fact is going to be on who you know as I do not think SC makes a kit readily available. So is it possible, yes it is and there is proof of that but for less than $1,300 I would honestly just add it as this is likely not something that you are going to be able to add later like a heater etc. unless you have a connection at SC or a dealership with a connection.

I would imagine the majority of Mojo's going out the door have flow 3 on them but that is just a guess so for side x side resale comparison to a boat with flow 3 it will help.

Now the struggle I can see you having justifying it is that you don't really care about surfing I am not sure you would get the value out of it as it only impacts the surf wave I would think it still would be worth the add for the resale comparison (or you find yourself surfing more) if you don't have a hard budget to stick to.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

To add in, if you're not going to surf much at all, but might have guests who will want to, flow 3.0 will make it easier to get a clean wave. I have flow 2.0 on my mojo, and it makes a great wave, but it is picky about setup. The new mojo will be different because of its ballast setup, so honestly autowake and flow 3.0 will be your friends when setting up a surf wave.

And one more thing. I will be buying another mojo when this new model starts to hit the used market. I wouldn't even consider buying a mojo with flow 2.0 because 3.0 makes evenly weighted surfing and transfers so much better.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

I agree. I think for the resale purpose, get the autowake, g6, and flow 3. Otherwise, you are behind the tech in other boats when trying to sell.
    2018 Supra SL400

Odds are when you sell, G6, Flow 3 and Autowake will all be standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My impression is that although those options technically CAN be added later (it's just nuts, bolts, and wires), you've got to have a pretty technically competent dealer to do it. I'm sure it will be cost prohibitive too.

This wasn't your question, but I can't help but throw my $0.02 in... I LOVE autowake for wakeboarding. My riding has improved because I can get more time behind the boat now that I don't have to apply ANY mental energy to setting the boat up. I NEVER have to exert any (mental or physical) energy to "dealing" with a bad pull. I'm a big guy and have a big affect on the boat when I'm in it. I have fought with getting a boat set up, then it being too much different when I jump in the water my entire life. I too came from boats with less tech (I'm 35 and have owned my own inboard boat for 18 years - 6 of them - on top of my parent's Mastercrafts through my teens). I use autowake every time I wakeboard. I use it less than 100% surfing, but mostly just when we're light (not many people) and I value having EVERY pound possible in the boat higher than have it perfectly positioned. We surf with just a driver in the boat (legal here in KY) from time to time. When we're loaded down with 6+ adults plus kids, I let autowake do the work - hell, most of a crew like that won't know if the wake is "perfect"
    Last edited by korey; 01-11-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I agree with Korey,
    Not really your question but Autowake is more useful for wakeboarding than surfing IMO for the reasons listed above.
    2020 Supra SA