Default 2019 Mojo VS 2021 Max

Have a deposit down on a new max scheduled for May delivery. Haven’t finalized the specs yet so the deposit is still refundable.

Came across a 2019 mojo with super low hours and all the right upgrades.

What do y’all think? Wait for max or is this mojo a deal?

https://www.boats.com/power-boats/20...-mojo-7581469/
    2021 Moomba Max - On Order- May delivery

Hmmmmm

This is a tough one. I believe the new Max would come with a 7 year warranty from Indmar right now. You will have to pay to transfer the balance of that Mojo warranty so that's something to consider as well.

Considering the upgrades the Max has had in the last few years and assuming your dealer is offering 5-9%, I'd probably load up a Max, but you absolutely can't go wrong here. That Mojo is choice no doubt.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

That's always the tough call. I realize both are Moomba, but a higher level bigger used boat vs a top notch new budget boat. I love the Mojo, but the Max is no slouch. You gotta decide what you want more, bigger bow, or bigger cabin. Kinda the Supra SA vs SL battle.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Just went through this earlier before pulling the trigger on used.
    New ended up too rich for emotions (can vs. want payment size).
    Found a very nice Mojo loaded up. Did all the research, ready to pull the trigger and found out it was a scam when we made arrangements to see it at the sellers place.
    Continued searching and found the Mojo in my sig.

Not saying yours is fraud but make sure everything is good and go look at it before cancelling your Max. I loved the freeboard depth of the Max with my kids. The storage is awesome. Now having the Mojo in my shop....it is huge and I already have upgrades that I didn't have to fit the whole bill for.

Regardless....you are in a great spot....both will be awesome
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Speaking price only as I am assuming your budget OTD is low $80’s..... The OTD price on our nicely equipped 21 Max was about the same as they are asking for that used Mojo.

I personally prefer to buy new when possible. Maybe it comes down to your preference- new or used.

I think either route you end up with a great boat.
    2021 Moomba Max

Make sure to ask a lot of questions about that extended warranty they are saying the 19 mojo has included.

One thing I prefer about the Max is the 102" beam and the 4000 pounds of ballast compared to 3000 on the Mojo. I guess that's two things.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Make sure to ask a lot of questions about that extended warranty they are saying the 19 mojo has included.
    it could be that this was a leftover that didn't sell until early 2020 so did skiers give out 7 year warranties then? would have to be skiers if they are stating electronics coverage until 2027. hull should be for life but does that transfer to new owner?

if it's aftermarket extended warranty I wouldn't give it $1 in value in the asking price.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll be sticking with the brand new max. First boat so new gives me a lot more peace of mind than even a year or 2 old boat.
    2021 Moomba Max - On Order- May delivery

Also consider, you're not getting the new 1:1.75 tranny gear ratio with that older Mojo, that alone would give me pause. The new tranny makes a huge difference in torque I think that's the biggest substantive upgrade Moomba has made in the last few years that truly affects the performance of the boat.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost