Thread: Rev10 Recone

Default Rev10 Recone

i'm posting for a buddy of mine who bought a used Supra last spring and one of the Rev10s cone is ripped and detached from the surround. Does Wetsounds still have a repair service to fix these. (BTW they're about 6 years old) I saw an older post that was about 6 years old of someone sending their speaker in to get reconed. If Wetsounds does not repair anymore any recommendations for a repair in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

Check with a local Wet Sounds dealer or call direct about getting you a replacement driver. Not overly expensive. Just need to make sure they have the steel basket generation replacement in stock.

Yeah he did that already at my suggestion. I was thinking that if he went to Wetsounds dealer they would be able to send off to Wetsounds? I think that's what you have to do for JL Audio equipment? So I assumed Wetsounds would be the same? He went to Earmark in Lewisville and the guy that was there was not helpful with his request. Guy there directed him to a speaker shop in South Dallas. I'm not trying to call out Earmark as they did my Rev 10 tower setup and have treated me right.
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

If he asked about a repair specifically, he may have gotten an accurate answer. They can be repaired. However, as long as components are in stock, the driver can be swapped in a matter of a few minutes once the new one is delivered. Just an option to look at compared to sending it off for repair.

If you run into dead ends might be worth a call to creative audio. They seem to be the WS outlet to peddle refurb gear and might know how to score parts.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten