Thread: Not starting

Default Not starting

I have a 07 moomba lsv. My alternator burnt out on me. I changed it out and I went to start it up on battery 1. When I turned the key I thought I herd the starter to to turn over but I don’t remember. But now it does nothing when I turn the key. When I switch to battery 2 or 1+2 it starts right up with no problem. Both batteries are brand new and fully charged. I can’t figure out the problem. Perko switch maybe?? Any help would be awesome thanks

Default Not starting

Hey guys.

Kinda had the same thing happen on my 07LSV. Winterized with no issues and ran like a champ all last summer.

De-winterized, went to start it, click then dead. Moved my perko switch to off, reset to battery 1....same thing. Reattached all cables, tried battery 2....again. Click then dead.

Let the boat sit for about 5 minutes, tried it again......started. Ran it for about 10 minutes, changed to battery 1, ran but crank was slow.

Battery or starter??. Not overly mechanical so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by ddanos View Post
    I have a 07 moomba lsv. My alternator burnt out on me. I changed it out and I went to start it up on battery 1. When I turned the key I thought I herd the starter to to turn over but I don’t remember. But now it does nothing when I turn the key. When I switch to battery 2 or 1+2 it starts right up with no problem. Both batteries are brand new and fully charged. I can’t figure out the problem. Perko switch maybe?? Any help would be awesome thanks
    Make sure all connections are tight and correct. Generally the ground from the engine runs to battery #1 and the parallel to batt #2. Not a bad idea to look at the connections on the Perko and make sure they are clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed may even be the switch is not making good contact. What are the voltages before and during trying to start?
    Web.
    1997 Outback and stopped looking