Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Not sure if it’s the same motor as the Axis A22 I demoed once but it had a GM engine and was woefully underpowered if you had ballast full, wedge and surf gate deployed. Raptor would run circles around that thing.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

If OP said 450hp then it’s the H6DI.

450hp 465tq is legit.

Not a fan of DI and personally would prefer an iron block in a wakeboat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I think they come with the 409 hp PCM motor but I could be wrong. It’s been a while since I looked at them.
    That is the standard engine, this one does have the engine upgrade to the 450

Gotcha. I’m not familiar with all the GM offerings.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

supreme builds a great boat and since being bought by correct craft(nautique) their fit and finish along with centurion has come a long way.
    the 238 hull has been around for a minute and is not their latest and greatest hull. for that you need the zs series.
    I wouldn't let the gm engine push you away either. seems these boats go back and forth between ford and gm every dozen years and both make good engines. there are def. pros and cons to each and for every "I hate gm" posts there's another "I hate raptor" posts on another forum. props can make a big difference in engine performance as well.

that said if it was my monies, it would be a no brainer putting a deposit on a new build-get what you want-no hours-newer hull design moomba over a used 238. there are enough pics from hack of how the max surfs. the 238 is a beast of a boat and will hold a party of people but just remember, the more you invite, the less time you get to spend surfing
    that you mention 2 moomba dealers locally would be the icing on the cake. local dealers are a nice to have, not need to have but if given your choices, it would seal the deal for us.
    I wouldn't let a big stereo be the deal breaker. you can always add stereo. you can't add warranty, newer hull shapes, different tech, etc......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Good point bringing up the warranty. 7 years on the Indmar powertrain vs 5 on the PCM. As you also pointed out having two Moomba dealers close-by helps make the decision easier as well.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thanks guys, I mean that's what I've been thinking just needed to hear it one more time.
    Now I already have the dealer looking at a new Mojo for me..

$78k for the max Limited options. No audio.
    $84K for the mojo with slightly more options but still no Audio and no 3.0 surf

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Thanks guys, I mean that's what I've been thinking just needed to hear it one more time.
    Now I already have the dealer looking at a new Mojo for me..

$78k for the max Limited options. No audio.
    $84K for the mojo with slightly more options but still no Audio and no 3.0 surf
    Are these negotiated prices? Or spec’d out prices plus freight/setup?

You should be able to get a 7 or 8+ % discount...
    Last edited by brad460; 12-18-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    2021 Moomba Max

The raptor should get the 7 year warranty. That matters. How deep are the lakes you go to? i believe Supreme has much more draft than the moomba lineup. Just something to think about. I say go with the dealer you trust. That is one of the biggest decisions.
    2019 Mondo

Default 2021 Max Vs 2019 S238

I am not brand biased to either but I’ll throw my 2 cents in for what it’s worth.

The supreme like others have said, again is going to be a centurion-esque deep v hull. Which is nice.
    The S238 is also a larger boat, which IMO if you are concerned about resale is a plus. Not to mention your enjoyment with space.
    The LS IMO is preferred. A more reliable power plant than the DOHC raptor from Ford. Ls are very simple, great engines.

The Moomba side- my opinion. Best brand in the “budget” space. They get more tech, better finishes, killer interiors by comparison to the rest of the budget space.
    And the Supra line really trickles down into them.

The max is a pretty small boat. My vote would be to work some OT or eat some top ramen for a bit and hop into a mojo. Because that is more comparable to the 238 IMO.

However, my disclaimer is, I’m a if I’m going to do/spend X, I might as well do/spend Y and go for it. If you’re already there. Do it right.

I’ve had two 21ft boats. Wouldn’t do it again. Wouldn’t go less than 23, I now have a 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by j.mo; 12-18-2020 at 07:04 PM.