Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    The LS IMO is preferred. A more reliable power plant than the DOHC raptor from Ford. Ls are very simple.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Technically the raptor is a SOHC and the H6DI
    is the new GM LT and very complex compared to that old LS.

Simplicity favors the raptor in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I put an offer in on a S238 in September. I thought it was very reasonable, and was surprised when the local dealer turned it down. In hindsight I’m glad they did, but make no mistake, Supreme makes a nice boat. A lot of features and build characteristics have trickled down from Centurion, just like Supra has gifted Moomba some sweet hand me downs.

A couple of things off the top of my head about the Supreme....
    Pros-
    -The S238 is a big boat. It’s in the 24 foot class while the Max is more than a foot shorter (although it doesn’t feel like it).
    -The HO upgraded engine is legit. It’s a more powerful engine and you will feel the difference compared to a 400 Raptor. (I agree with Hack and sandm that the standard 409 is Pepsi/Coke with the Raptor). The standard engine is moot in your case as the boat has the HO. The GM I believe is quieter, but I’m no expert.
    -That sound system you speak of is called the executive package. It’s very, very rare on S238’s and also quite rare on ZS models. It’s comparable (or better) to the highest end systems you find on the Premium towboats like Supra, Malibu, and MasterCraft. It has 4 REV 10’S and 2 12” inch subs. It will completely eviscerate anything found in the other “entry level” manufacturer lines from Moomba, Axis, MB and ATX. I’ve heard it at the boat show next to high end brands and it’s legit. When I built mine on paper, I think the exec package was like 5k more than the already sweet and expensive mid level option.
    -Bombshell racks (if so equipped) are some of the nicest racks available at any price point.
    -Fit and finish are not the Supreme of 10 years ago. It’s well made with good materials (especially the vinyl and thread)

However.... The cons

- Sandm pointed this out. The S238 feels like a “last generation” boat. It’s like a Tundra in the half ton pickup world. It’s nice, it has some fans, but it’s old. Supreme doesn’t seem too interested in investing much into it. Supreme is pushing the Zeus hard. Check out their insta page, you don't even see them posting S238’s, everything is the ZS (which is a legit modern day design surf boat).
    - The S238 requires a lot of work to surf well. Read their forums and FB pages. Many are adding 700-800 pounds of lead plus upgraded rear and side locker bags to get it to surf with push. It’s just not that heavy for how long it is. I know many change the bags in the Max, but it doesn’t require nearly the effort to get a decent wave dialed up as the S238
    -Freeboard is lacking. Like I said, it looks very shallow in the water compared to most brands. (Although the interior is deep)
    -Helm screen looks like it was designed as an afterthought- No slide back rear seat- Storage is shallow compared to the Max

I don’t own a SC product yet so I think I can be pretty objective since I darn near bought both of the boats you are looking at...
    1. The Max is a better surf boat. I think you will be happier for your intended mission with a new Moomba designed by...well..you.
    2. I would look at the S238 only if you are avid audiophile and put extra value in the sound system AND if they gave you an absolutely ridiculous offer on it .....one that really created a significant delta between the Moomba and the Supreme. Otherwise, the Moomba would be my recommendation.

Good Luck and Cograts no matter what. Heck, when I was 25, I was still trying to figure out how to pay to for cable.
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 12-18-2020 at 11:55 PM.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

I cant really add anything, as I dont know anything about the Supreme.

If you go with the Max, get the G6 system. Its a must have for surfing, and resale IMO
    2019' Moomba Max

Well guys, lots of changes, after viewing another thread of mojo vs max I sent a mojo build over to my dealer. They not only got back to me with a great price imo but they had just got their first 2021 Mojo in that day, It wouldn't be rigged and ready for a water test for a few days but my dealer really busted butt and got it ready for me take out the next day. In fact i believe several employees worked over yesterday to make all of this happen.
    All this time I had a unanswered text from the supreme dealer and the next day a last minute phone call that also went unanswered.

The 2021 Mojo is a beautiful boat so I ordered one.

Look forward to being part of the moomba family!

For the purposes of this thread I think I liked the supreme over the max however the mojo is indeed the real competitor, and then all the moomba advantages really out weighed it.

Congrats! Amazing boat!

The Supreme shows sold anyway, which means...

“It was meant to be ...it was meant to be....baby it was meant to be”
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Well guys, lots of changes, after viewing another thread of mojo vs max I sent a mojo build over to my dealer. They not only got back to me with a great price imo but they had just got their first 2021 Mojo in that day, It wouldn't be rigged and ready for a water test for a few days but my dealer really busted butt and got it ready for me take out the next day. In fact i believe several employees worked over yesterday to make all of this happen.
    All this time I had a unanswered text from the supreme dealer and the next day a last minute phone call that also went unanswered.

The 2021 Mojo is a beautiful boat so I ordered one.

Look forward to being part of the moomba family!

For the purposes of this thread I think I liked the supreme over the max however the mojo is indeed the real competitor, and then all the moomba advantages really out weighed it.
    Congrats Josh! Thanks for letting me hop on during your demo!

Looking forward to seeing pics when you take delivery!
    2021 Mojo
    2019 Chaparral 21 H2O Sport (sold)

Congrats!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by arsnlgunnr View Post
    Congrats Josh! Thanks for letting me hop on during your demo!

Looking forward to seeing pics when you take delivery!
    Glad you came! It was nice that you had done your research and could point out all the new features!
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Awesome Man! Welcome to Moomba and the forum.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Congrats to both of you. Mojo is the pearl of the Moomba line. The Mojo owners are starting to add up, and not surprising. Moomba knew well this boat was going to be a success and their best seller, that's why they took the extra time to perfect it before release.
    We loved our Mojo and this new one is sooo much nicer. You wont regret it. I'm a huge Mojo fan and can't wait to see one on the water. Just hoping someone I know will buy one so I can ride it.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost