Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2021 mojo vs 2021 max

Hey Guys,

Looking at buying a 2021 mojo or a 2021 max. both of them will be pretty much fully loaded

the mojo specd is 97320 and the max is 84540.

is the mojo worth the extra 13k usd(20k cad)
    also what set ups are you guys running if you opt out on the factory sound systems(i think id be fine with the mojo's wetsound premium option, but the max doesn't offer that so i would probably do the speakers my self

let me know your opinions.

Mojo, to add sound to your max will eat up a chunk of the 13k delta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Mojo, to add sound to your max will eat up a chunk of the 13k delta.

that's a tough one...hard call.. had a 2018 Max and absolutely LOVED it... 100% trouble free. awesome boat.
    sold it at the end of summer and going loaded Mojo now.. (at least that's the plan).

almost went Max again for 2021.. what drew us to the Mojo (besides the fact we already had a Max for 3 years and felt like trying something different.).. was the available flow 3.0 and it seems to have less bow rise, but only judging by the very limited amount of video (haven't demo'ed it myself yet). It's also a longer boat and has a redesigned hull.

Pros for the max: the Depth of the Max simply can't be beat.. never, EVER, Ever took a roller over the bow... no matter what (with 1k lead).. hoping the Mojo doesn't dissapoint in that aspect. Also, if you add more weight manually to the surf side you can clean up the wave as good, maybe better than than 3.0. so ?? Once it's dialed in, it's killer.. set it and forget it.

either way -- you absolutely can't go wrong!

Side note: For the sound system, I skipped adding the tower speakers on my Max at the dealer, and installed Exile Audios, Exile amps and two 12" subwoofers. that thing was freaking LOUD. I believe the wiring is all pre-installed in the Tower, so It's not that hard.
    Last edited by Dank; 12-14-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Mojo gets you 6 cockpit speakers vs 4 on the Max and the Mojo gets you Rev10 speakers vs Rev8’s on the Max.

Interior design is pretty similar between the two if you option the Max with the 7” screen so your choice mainly comes down to which styling do you prefer and is that worth the cost to you. You can get Flow 3 on the Mojo from the factory so that helps sweeten the deal. Flow 3 can be added to the Max (required 7” screen) either by yourself or through your dealer if they’re willing.
    Last edited by haknslash; 12-14-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

larry's right. figure 3k for tower speakers and amp. now it's 10k in difference.

I'd take the mojo for that but honestly either boat is a win......

for me I'd never spec a premium stereo as I prefer to do it myself and pick components that I like better but to each their own.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I spent about 4328 hours on this same subject. I'm the guy who stares at the two bottles of ketchup figuring out the better deal.

You will love either...

That being said....

Mojo all day long. Seriously. Brand new design with better resale. Full walk through. Hinged Seats. Better Sound System without the need to cut holes in your boat. Flow 3. More attractive by almost everyone's standards.

The Max isn't cheap anymore. Like a forum member said to me when I was fighting the same battle, "In today's new boat market 10-15k delta is nothing"

Put the deposit down on the Mojo and never look back.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

what he said..
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

I ordered the the 2021 Max because i just preferred the look of it. Love the deep design of this boat. Plus it is my first 'wake boat' so with the research i did and the people that help on here are A+++++

Also, I have a really good dealer, from my experience and others so i optioned mine out to basically everything.... if something goes wrong, i feel like i would be taken care of.

Lastly, I just liked the fact that there are not many Max's around on our lake... so it will be unique to the location.....

Sounds like the mojo is the ultimate though... either way you will be in good hands it sounds like....have fun!

2021 Mojo. It's a better looking boat.

I got to ride with the Wake9 crew on their first video shoot. It's a deep boat. The interior is great.

Mojo will probably perform better out of the box. I've only been on a few Max boats, both had the bigger bags already. Surf wave looked great.

Mojo came out so late this year, not many people are to get out on them and post reviews.

It will be their #1 seller.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Base price is $7000 difference, I think for the newest design, for 23 foot boats, it’s a small price to pay.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan