Default cranking engine out of water

im getting ready for a big weekend with the family on the lake, and before i drive out there want to make sure eveything is in working order. How do you connect a water hose to crank the boat out of water on the trailer?

Sorry for my ignorance about this type of boats I would like to understand the application of this Fakealake thingy...My boat will come (one day...)with the closed colling system engine and with the flush kit, isnŽt this kit the same as the Fakealake, doesnŽt it work for the same purpose?
    I have only had sailboats,so maybe is obvious for powerboats owners but it will be my first.
    IŽm trying to know all about these boats before mine arrives to the Old Europe.

Armada,
    I use the FlushPro inline flush kit. It splices into the Water Intake hose and forces water from a water hose(from your home) to the motor. Generally a little safer than fake a lake. Fake a lake is virtually a toilet plunger with a water hose connection that suctions to the bottom of your boat at the water intake. These can vibrate loose while running the motor.. not good.

Good luck getting the moomba across to Old Europe...

Thanks for the imput, I understand how it works now, as Ed says $40 is not too much just in case it helps to keep the boat in good conditions, as IŽll have to flush it very often due to the salt water use.

04Outback & Ed,

You've got me convinced that I need the FlushPro kit. What size do I need and where's the cheapest place to get it? Also, where exactly do I splice the intake hose and install this thing?

I also would like to install a water strainer for the cooling water. This was an option that my boat did not come with. Where's the best place to buy it, and where does it go?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I use the fake-a-lake for oil changes (the boat runs for about half an hour). Kids on the boat to turn engine off, should the plunger come off. Its fun and they learn to take care of their boat.
    I installed a strainer also. You can get it from your dealer; not too expensive.

hey thanks guys. i'm gunna get the flush kit put in this summer, but for now the fake lake is gnna do the job. im just used to salt water egines down here in florida that always come with flush lines.. thanks again