Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Max length on trailer

Anyone have a max length on trailer? Preferably with the trailer tongue collapsed. Just looking for a sun deck to tongue measurement. Checking measurements in the garage. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What boat?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Precious Roy View Post
    Anyone have a max length on trailer? Preferably with the trailer tongue collapsed. Just looking for a sun deck to tongue measurement. Checking measurements in the garage. Thanks.
    I guess I phrased that poorly. Looking for someone with a Moomba Max.... was wondering if they have the length of it on the trailer from the breakaway tongue to swim deck. Thanks ��

I had figured that is what you were asking but wasn’t sure lol. My boat is in storage over an hour away or I would check for you. Have you tried calling your local dealer? They would probably chec it for you as well. Hopefully someone else may chime in who can get the measurement for you. I can’t remember exactly where the folding tongue hinge is but if it folds under the bow then you could use the overall length from the Moomba site as that includes the swim platform.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Found a side picture of mine with the trailer tongue folded. It folds just under the tip of the bow so you could use the 24’6” from the Moomba website I would imagine. Of course it’s better for someone to verify but hopefully this helps.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I had figured that is what you were asking but wasn’t sure lol. My boat is in storage over an hour away or I would check for you. Have you tried calling your local dealer? They would probably chec it for you as well. Hopefully someone else may chime in who can get the measurement for you. I can’t remember exactly where the folding tongue hinge is but if it folds under the bow then you could use the overall length from the Moomba site as that includes the swim platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Found a side picture of mine with the trailer tongue folded. It folds just under the tip of the bow so you could use the 24’6” from the Moomba website I would imagine. Of course it’s better for someone to verify but hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the help! I will talk to my dealer about it... just was thinking maybe someone had it quick over here on this site. Good to know the tongue swings under the bow. I would assume the length then is just the length of the boat plus the swim deck. This would be the 24'6" I found as well. Thanks again for the help should be good on the storage side here.

that pic of the garage looks like you have crazy room in there behind that bass machine.

that said at 24.5ft I'd want 25.5ft.
    ours is 26.5 on the trailer tongue folded and we settled on a 27.5ft deep garage and it's about perfect to sneak around the front when it's backed to the rear wall.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Just measured our 2021 Max. 24’-9” with swim platform and trailer tongue folded. Trailer tongue straight would add 3’-7” for a total of 28’-4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    that pic of the garage looks like you have crazy room in there behind that bass machine.

that said at 24.5ft I'd want 25.5ft.
    ours is 26.5 on the trailer tongue folded and we settled on a 27.5ft deep garage and it's about perfect to sneak around the front when it's backed to the rear wall.
    Yes... there is room in the garage just was thinking if I can stack these boats together in the garage...??? Its the neighbors garage and he keeps it heated all winter. So we got agreed on fee and were thinking about how to fit his ranger and my new max in there.... Looks like we might have to angle a bit.... that ranger was i think 23.5 feet we measured and I think his garage is 45' deep?? I think the stacking idea was a bit of a dream... thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob__S View Post
    Just measured our 2021 Max. 24’-9” with swim platform and trailer tongue folded. Trailer tongue straight would add 3’-7” for a total of 28’-4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the measurement! This site is awesome! Glad to be apart of it! Beers on me next time!

Not sure on your garage door opening but with the tower folded you'll need more than 9' if you have board racks or you can unbolt them and get it in just under 9'.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold