Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Indmar Contact - Overheating

Figure its probably a long shot, but does anyone have a good Indmar contact? Our 2020 Makai has been in the shop for a long time now and our dealer has sent in the problem to Indmar with little to no response out of them. And being its under warranty they cant really touch anything without Indmar's approval. So hoping I can get a hold of the right person to get something moving along faster. I even have Skiers Choice customer service trying his contacts as well.

The issue is that its overheating throwing a EMWT1 code. Note ran perfect March through August, when this all started. Under a heavy load or high RPM it will heat up to 190-200F, throw the code and CEL, then shut down sometimes as its programmed to do, if I dont let off first. But if you drop it to an idle or right above an idle ~1000 rpm within 20-30 sec it drops right back down to 165F. We know its not the impeller or fresh water pump or intake blockage. Closed coolant side far as level hasnt changed and appears to be good.

Ive tried searching other forums as well but havent found anyone with this same issue that wasnt just a bad impeller. To me it might be a heat exchanger issue or potentially a bad T-stat but they cant pull any of it off without approval first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had a few conversations with Larry. Not sure of his position over there, but he may be worth a try. He's been very helpful with in depth engine questions I've had in the past.

Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    901-353-9930
    [email protected]

***ADMIN***

Mr. Tinker,

would you be able to help facilitate a resolution to RUGER761's issue on his Makai? Sounds like Indmar has been giving his dealership the runaround since August.

Many thanks,
    Fellow Moomba Owner

***ADMIN***

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Thanks guys I shot all the information over to Larry. Hopefully he can get it moving along or direct it to someone to get it moving along.

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Thanks guys I shot all the information over to Larry. Hopefully he can get it moving along or direct it to someone to get it moving along.
    I'm not sure where I read it, but Larry did/or was going to retire. Pretty sure the info came from someone from Indmar.
    That dude was awesome. He probably forgot more than I will ever know about those motors - GM or Ford.
    2018 Supra SL400

engine nut is one of the few posters I would read and re-read when he popped up.

mjh is spot on. I would bet when he retires it'll take indmar a minute to re-learn what he takes with him.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I received an out of office reply so sounds like hes still there, at least for now anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    I received an out of office reply so sounds like hes still there, at least for now anyways.
    That is cool.
    2018 Supra SL400

Did that out of office reply include a return date......or is it permanent?

He replied this morning (so back in the office), but he only sent it on to the correct department. So hopefully with him sending it on they will look at it now.