Default 05 LSV oil drain hose replacement

Hello all, it appears that the hose fitting on my oil drain hose has sprung a leak and is draining oil into the bilge. Has anyone been able to change this hose out without having to lift the engine? There is not a lot of room between the oil pan and the hull. From what I can feel, there is a 90 degree fitting from the oil pan to the hose that I may be able to un screw, but there is no way that I can fit a wrench around the hose fitting that goes into the 90 degree fitting. Some of the mechanics that I have spoken with have said that the engine may need to be lifted to change the hose. If this is the case, has anyone tried this, or should I not waste my time and take it to a shop with an engine lift.

If anyone has changed this and has any pointers, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

I've never done it but I have had my fingers on the 90 degree fitting. It would be difficult to get a tool under there. If you got all the oil out it seems like it could be possible to unscrew the fitting. Can you tell for sure that it's a tear in the hose itself or is there a problem with the fitting? Either way, unless someone here has experience with doing it, you can try yourself at removing the fitting and if it's too difficult, (no room at all in 2005's), then take it to shop.

Good luck!
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods