Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Online Store for wake surf boards, vests etc...

Any recommendations? Need to outfit my new boat and have nothing.....

I order my fair share of stuff online, but (especially in today's economy with many local businesses failing), I'd always give your local pro shop small business a chance to match the price of something you find on line. Not preaching at all, money is tight for many and saving cash for your family is important, so I get it.

I've had great luck with boardco.com wakemakers.com and evo.com ....use honey to find the best buy on particular items you need. I know these are the big players, but just saying that I've had a good experience with all three. Doomswell has a sweet sale on their boards right now. I just picked up a 2019 NEO (one of my faves) for 500 bucks and no tax. Same exact board as the 21' model.

Like you, I'm on the prowl this BF/CM as my first surfboat is coming next spring.

What's the new boat?
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 11-21-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

For boat gear (bumpers and stuff), overtons and wakemakers usually have good Black Friday sales. For boards I go right to soulcraft or another custom board company for surf style, or phase 5 as a cheaper option for skim style boards. Everything else I would check your local dealer if they have a decent inventory, or go evo or performance ski and surf online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    I order my fair share of stuff online, but (especially in today's economy with many local businesses failing), I'd always give your local pro shop small business a chance to match the price of something you find on line. Not preaching at all, money is tight for many and saving cash for your family is important, so I get it.

I've had great luck with boardco.com wakemakers.com and evo.com ....use honey to find the best buy on particular items you need. I know these are the big players, but just saying that I've had a good experience with all three. Doomswell has a sweet sale on their boards right now. I just picked up a 2019 NEO (one of my faves) for 500 bucks and no tax. Same exact board as the 21' model.

Like you, I'm on the prowl this BF/CM as my first surfboat is coming next spring.

What's the new boat?
    Thanks! 2021 Makai

evo.com and wakehouse.com are 2 others that i check pretty routinely as well as wakemakers and overtons.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Thanks! 2021 Makai
    Holy Cow! What an amazing boat, thing is an absolute beast. Love the Wake9 videos of the Makai, the wave is choice. Both the Mojo and Makai are really solid entries in real competitive segments right. I fully realize there is a reasonable chance I'll be regretting choosing a competitor over the Mojo or Makai, but still think I'll be more than happy.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Agreed. Thanks for putting that out. I do the same. I will pay a reasonable premium to get locally. And although sometimes the difference is quite substantial it does not hurt to ask if they are willing to meet halfway. Agree also I don't mean to be "preachy", I myself do not own a business but I am friends with people who do and I feel for them. The other consideration is, the premium is well justified in order to obtain your product immediately vs waiting for 3-7 days.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

hate to say it but we don't support our local boat shops pretty much at all. service has been less than stellar at the bu dealership(ok bottom line they don't care if we come in or not) and nautty dealership doesn't really carry a decent assortment.
    whatever I'm looking for, I head online and google the cheapest place. if I can save 15% online I'll order it as typically with boating stuffs it's not something you "need today". so waiting 3-5 days just means it'll be here before our next outing. we have a west marine here but it's maybe a 4,000sqft store and if they have half the inventory in stock it's a good day. they have looked like a going out of business sale for 2 years now.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    For boat gear (bumpers and stuff), overtons and wakemakers usually have good Black Friday sales. For boards I go right to soulcraft or another custom board company for surf style, or phase 5 as a cheaper option for skim style boards. Everything else I would check your local dealer if they have a decent inventory, or go evo or performance ski and surf online.

Phase 5 and cheap aren’t meant to be in the same sentence! They’re just as expensive as anything, at least I have found?

It’s damn tough to shop local for boat stuff—there’s never any inventory on hand. And boats are typically the main business line for these shops.

Although I did go into a sweet surf/wakeboard shop in Orlando once. But we don’t have that here. Not even close.

Online is the only option, pretty much anyway.