Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree with not using Phase 5 and cheap in the same sentence.

I was just texting a surf shop that was selling some 1-2yo P5 boards. Some new. Some demos. They were asking 30% off MAP price. So that would be list of $989 > 30% > $692. Yikes - for a 2018 board that is now discontinued. Thus why they still have them.

Then again last winter I found a new left-over 2019 Matrix for under $600.

Must be HUGE mark-up.

Even when Wakemakers has a sale, they are probably averaging $700ish per board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Phase 5 and cheap aren’t meant to be in the same sentence! They’re just as expensive as anything, at least I have found?

I didn’t mean it to sound that they are cheap, they make a great board. But you can usually find a deal on a phase 5 vs soulcraft or similar. I’ve bought a few over the years and always found a last years model or sale and got a decent deal. But I’ve always had to pay close to full price for soulcraft unless it was a blem. All great boards though.

Just like the high wake boat demand in 2020, surf boards are the same. Not sure how many last-year models will be for sale this winter, but I'm always looking.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Just like the high wake boat demand in 2020, surf boards are the same. Not sure how many last-year models will be for sale this winter, but I'm always looking.
    surf boards have become stupid-expensive. the p5 danielo pro we have was had back in '09 for $325 shipped to my door and that was in a custom color they made for us. our hl broadcast was closeout end of year at $150. in 10 years pricing has tripled.
    guess it's good old american supply and demand at it finest. sure don't see a lot of other big ticket items increasing the last 10 years like the wakeboat and supplies segment.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Wakesports.com
    Found them last year looking for some things and they are fantastic and helpful. Went out of their way, IMO, to work something out on a backordered item for me and I have returned for their help several times. They have brick and mortar stores in California so while not local to me, it is to someone I guess.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    I order my fair share of stuff online, but (especially in today's economy with many local businesses failing), I'd always give your local pro shop small business a chance to match the price of something you find on line. Not preaching at all, money is tight for many and saving cash for your family is important, so I get it.

I've had great luck with boardco.com wakemakers.com and evo.com ....use honey to find the best buy (help: best buy customer service) on particular items you need. I know these are the big players, but just saying that I've had a good experience with all three. Doomswell has a sweet sale on their boards right now. I just picked up a 2019 NEO (one of my faves) for 500 bucks and no tax. Same exact board as the 21' model.

Like you, I'm on the prowl this BF/CM as my first surfboat is coming next spring.

What's the new boat?
    Thank you! 2022 Moomba Makai