Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bimini

Default Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we were quoted at the dealer in phx this summer when shopping a sewlong bimini as a replacement on a supreme/centurion was roughly a 2k premium on top of the manufacturers original bimini that we were quoted $1800. they told us to plan 3500ish +/- with discounts. this was dealer/sewlong doing all the work.
    difference in coverage is night and day tho and dealer said sewlong quality of stitching and materials was much better than factory.
    The products they advertise online vary widely in price—not sure why. One could adapt this universal mount I have to nearly any tower it looks like to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dakota4ce; 11-22-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Sewlong is in my backyard. Back in September I was very close to ordering a 2021 Max. I contacted Sewlong about making this very bimini. Basically the Centurion bimini they make for Board Co. They told me they did not have a template for the 2021 Max yet so I would have needed to bring my new boat to them to build off of. That would have been easy enough. I was quoted $2118.

On a side note, I have had Sewlong do all the canvas work on all my boats. You will not be disappointed with their work.

This is amazing! For all of us that have the terrible 2016 Bimini I wonder if this would work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I'm reviving a very old thread here, but could you tell me the overall length of your Bimini? Sewlong has a kit for the A3 tower now, which is 78" L. It looks like this may be longer than that though. I'm planning to order a Mojo this month, and skip the factory Bimini. I'm looking for the largest coverage option I can find, that can be used at speed.

I have a 21 mojo with a3 tower and the factory bimini is way to short. I would recommend not ordering the factory one for sure. The sewlong was larger.

The pro tower Bimini seems fine. It extends out just past the windshield top. When I stand up to drive, I am under it. I am tall, so my head actually touches the underside of it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    For those that are not on Facebook, I skipped the factory Bimini and cooperated with Sewlong to make a copy of their product with the help of my local shop to bend the frame and cut the canvas (Lens Awning and Canvas). It’s not done yet, I may add some surf pockets and so forth but holy cow does it look sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've had our 22 Mojo for a couple months now with the A3 tower and bimini, and had a few sunburnt people this past weekend. How have you enjoyed this since you got it all wrapped up? Will probably start a conversation with Sewlong at the end of the season; wish I had known/thought about this when ordering our boat!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    Indmar 400
    Mods coming in 2024...

Primary boating: Toledo Bend Reservoir (TX/LA)

That little bit of extension off the back of the tower looks like it would make a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Hey team, I have been trying to figure an improved bimini as well and just stumbled across Wakeshade https://wakeshade.com/wp/

Has anyone else heard of this before? It's not the cleanest solution, but for a plug & play option, not a bad idea. Let me know if anyone has seen this in person!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    Indmar 400
    Mods coming in 2024...

Primary boating: Toledo Bend Reservoir (TX/LA)

Have seen it before but only online not in person. Nice idea but spendy if I remember correctly.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater