Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bimini

I need this in my life. Would your shop make others if there is a demand? What’s the cost so far if you don’t mind me asking?

I hate the way the Mastercraft towers look but I love how their Bimini deploys in seconds. Yours looks similar.
    Last edited by haknslash; 11-21-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Bimini

Very nice bimini, perhaps the only concern would be folded height with tower folded down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 11-21-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Very nice bimini, perhaps the only concern would be folded height with tower folded down.

Indeed, thats when you disconnect one pair of hex bolts and lay it in a horizontal position. This tower is woefully high in the folded position anyway, but when you do that it adds no additional height.

The high point is actually the swivel board racks, which I have to remove to get it into my 9' garage door! Tall bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I need this in my life. Would your shop make others if there is a demand? What’s the cost so far if you don’t mind me asking?

I hate the way the Mastercraft towers look but I love how their Bimini deploys in seconds. Yours looks similar.
    This deploys quickly for sure. Its a really nice design.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post

I think they maybe would make up a copy of this one if I pushed on them. Final cost is yet to be determined. I have $450 in hardware at the current moment until I gave it to them to bend a frame and sew a top. But those two projects have been really simple and quick--there is nothing elaborate that needs to be fabricated.

I was initially hopeful that the whole shooting match would be around $2K. We shall see! I think the factory option is $1600 or something--I glanced at it when I skipped it on my order.

How do those front support poles work?
    Where do they store when folded up?

That was my biggest issue with my last boat bimini was having to hook and unhook those damn poles every time. That's my favorite part of my SA bimini conversely is there are no support poles to dick with, you fold it over and pull out the back, 15 seconds and it's out.
    Yours has way more rearward extension though which is awesome.
    Last edited by SONIC; 11-21-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    How do those front support poles work?
    Where do they store when folded up?

That was my biggest issue with my last boat bimini was having to hook and unhook those damn poles every time. That's my favorite part of my SA bimini conversely is there are no support poles to dick with, you fold it over and pull out the back, 15 seconds and it's out.
    Yours has way more rearward extension though which is awesome.

They clip to the front half of the frame (quick release pins down at the tower attachment), then sit on top of the rearward folded arms. Pretty darn easy too.

I liked the factory Supra bimini--although its not any faster/slower this would be. The unfolding, rear pull move, then all the little velcro here and there to tighten it up took a little bit of fussing.

If I had a Supra I would not have built this. The factory Moomba bimini was my issue.

It’s got a sweet little clip pin design similar to your link.

we were quoted at the dealer in phx this summer when shopping a sewlong bimini as a replacement on a supreme/centurion was roughly a 2k premium on top of the manufacturers original bimini that we were quoted $1800. they told us to plan 3500ish +/- with discounts. this was dealer/sewlong doing all the work.
    difference in coverage is night and day tho and dealer said sewlong quality of stitching and materials was much better than factory.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten