Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’m well aware of what Boatmate says. I can’t really help how they set the trailer up for my boat. I do agree that it is wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I’m well aware of what Boatmate says. I can’t really help how they set the trailer up for my boat. I do agree that it is wrong though.
    Was not blaming you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Oh I know.

I have a 2013 F150 with a 6" lift. I run the Firestone Riderite airbags. I have the Airlift Wireless One (compressor/contoller). It's been a fantastic combo.

I run 5psi (the minimum) when I'm unloaded, and I run 50 PSI when towing the boat. (I hitched up and then added air until the truck was level and not squatting). My controller has presets for two memory spots.

I also use the rear bags to raise and lower the rear of the truck for hitching and unhitching. WAY less cranking on the tongue jack! haha.

This summer, I got a slide-in truck camper. the bags are an absolute must for the camper. When I did the camper and boat combo this summer, the bags allowed me to do it with the truck only squatting about an inch (100psi on bags)

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

dude,... got a chance to test the airbags today when I went to the boat storage place to empty it out / bring home 1k in lead..

The one picture is with 1k of ballast in the VERY back of the truck (all in the same spot) plus a bunch of other heavy junk (boat anchors, etc).. - the second picture (with the box out of the bed) - is with the lead taken out. It raised it Maybe an inch or two (if that)...

It's slightly higher without.... but hardly any difference! And this was only using 30(?) PSI? (can go up to 100). It wasn't a big deal at all to inflate /deflate either.. I didn't buy the on-board compressor, just used a battery powered hand pump that handled it easily.. took a few seconds..

Needless to say I am SUPER HAPPY!! I guess time will tell when we get the new boat in the spring, but the mojo is 300 lbs heavier than the max was.., but I will probably be doing 300 lbs less in lead, given there's 1k more in water ballast over what the Max was..

given the trailer Tounge weight is *probably* only 6-700 lbs... I think this is a total WIN/WIN!

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg
    Last edited by Dank; 11-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.