Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Craz Order- a few questions

Hi All,

We are about to put in an order for a new Craz, and there are a couple of items we were not sure about. We are coming from a 2008 Crownline (and a 78 jet boat before that), so a lot of the wakeboard boat features are new to us. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

We will be on a river that usually is a slow current, but can be a little swift at times. I've read that the traditional paddle may be more reliable when dealing with a current. Throw in the fact the cove we do our water sports in requires a lot of turning (still a decent current in the cove), which we were told the zero off would handle better. Any thoughts on which cruise control system would be better?

The boat will be garage kept and towed about a mile from the garage to where it launched. The only time the boat will be towed further than that is for service. Is the $1000 cover that you can order worth the money vs a $250 one I can get on Amazon?

Which prop is best? We will not just be surfing. We ski, kneeboard, wakeboard, tube and the little kids have a Zup board they are learning to ride.

Flow 3 vs. 2.0. I assume we want the latest and greatest technology for surfing, right?

Get 3.0 for surfing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

From what I've heard from several owners is the 3.0 makes a real difference if you ride goofy as the extra tab introduces yaw and cleans up the wave.

If you ride regular the difference is negligible.

On the flip side, I think G6 may only be available with 3.0 now , you definitely want G6 to cut ballast fill times in half.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I'd have Flow 3.0 if I could! My quick impression of it was that it was harder is get wrong. Also, since it "crabs" the boat, instead of lists, you should be running more even ballast, which means MORE ballast!

You're right about the seed control - sounds like Zero Off (padddlewheel) control is best for you.

My personal opinion on the cover is that
    1) you really only get one chance to order it with the boat - It will be more expensive after the fact
    2) Resale. Even if you never use it, having that cover brand new in the package would be a sweet deal for someone, someday! As trivial as it may sound to you now, NOT having a cover could definitely drive a buyer away!

I actually know of a guy who ordered a new boat and ordered a full set of replacement seat skins to go along with it so he could do a complete interior refresh before selling it! That's a little psyco, but I've considered ordering a second cover with my next boat to keep one stored away for resale and/or a rainy day! Same with the Bimini top fabric.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Just for resale in the future I would order G6, Flow 3, and the Cover.

Props - skiing and surfing are at each end of the spectrum. Hard to get 1 prop that does both great, thus SC has the one labeled 'general use'. Someone on here might have the more aggressive prop and can tell you about rpms and ski speeds.
    2018 Supra SL400

order cover with boat even if you don't use it. it's something most expect to get when buying used and when you are ready to sell the boat you won't want to buy a cover just to sell and it'll make your boat that much more desirable in the future. you never know when life will change and you want a cover for a day/week/month.
    you can get covers just as nice or nicer aftermarket for similar monies but I'd order with boat. yours garage kept and towed a mile, you will likely never use the cover except to drop off to dealer for work. we garage keep and tow 15 miles to the lake. current boat hasn't seen the cover since it was dropped off to us new. think it's in the attic...

we used to ride the fox river in green bay. it had a steady current. our gps held different speeds when going up and down stream. for us, we learned to run one speed down and .6mph different going up. it was an easy transition. whichever one you end up with, you will adapt to. there's pros and cons to both.
    we found the surf wake to be different when going up and down as well. I don't board so not sure if it would be different.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Paddle wheel for sure on a river. Takes away all the guess work.

Flo 3.0 for sure. Make a better wave...period.

G6 ballast for sure. It doesn’t cut your fill time in half, maybe a third but still cuts it down. That’s always a good thing.

I ordered the standard prop, added 1,700 lbs of ballast and am now spending a chunk of money for the heavy load prop. Get the surf prop. I can almost guarantee that you will surf more and more and ski less and less. I also own a record capable ski boat and I skied only one time last summer, surfed a 100 times. You will almost certainly be looking at adding additional ballast in the future and you will appreciate the surf prop.

Order every option that is related to the wave/wake on your boat. The wake/wave performance is the primary reason you’re upgrading from a stern drive so don’t leave anything out that you might regret down the road. No one was ordering Flo3.0 when I built my boat so I went with 2.0 and I am regretting that decision now.

Just get the cover. You will need it when you get it serviced, take it on vacation, resale etc.

Congratulations on your first wake boat. It will bring you years of family fun. Great choice purchasing from Skiers Choice. Welcome to the family.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I would suggest an aftermarket cover from commercial sewing like the Supras use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thanks everybody for the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by got2skigrl View Post
    Thanks everybody for the responses!

Don't forget the heaters and AutoWake, those make everyone happy..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead