Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Board Help

I'm 6'2" around 175lbs. Seems like I am always in between sizes on things. Based on that and the fact that I want to be doing more tricks and less cruising is it a better idea to go lower than a 53?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.P View Post
    I'm 6'2" around 175lbs. Seems like I am always in between sizes on things. Based on that and the fact that I want to be doing more tricks and less cruising is it a better idea to go lower than a 53?
    Thanks!
    Check out the Exile carbon skims as well. They have a few different sizes and 2 thickness's for each board to really dial it in for the user. The owner normally answers the phone, cool guy to talk boards with.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Check out the Exile carbon skims as well.
    never heard of them before. quick check on their website. some very nice stuff.... and pricing is not astronomical...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    never heard of them before. quick check on their website. some very nice stuff.... and pricing is not astronomical...
    I have had a couple, both really nice boards, especially for the money. They are like the ZAP ocean skim boards, but mostly west coast. Zap owns Phase 5. Exile Insta account always has some cool stuff. Ryan Deese is their only wake surf pro, they have many ocean pros.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

ya I didn't recognize any of the names on their team. assumed it was mostly ocean.
    good stuff tho. when in the hunt for another skim will keep this website. I've ridden victoria skims and like them but exile looks like a better value.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ya I didn't recognize any of the names on their team. assumed it was mostly ocean.
    good stuff tho. when in the hunt for another skim will keep this website. I've ridden victoria skims and like them but exile looks like a better value.
    Right on. The only Victoria that I have liked is the Captain. The others never felt right to me. The Exile rides much more neutral with less work. Maybe you can demo sometime. The Carbon Hybrid and Deese pro are really nice.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

wish I could but not likely. for as large as both vegas and mead are, wakesurfing has a market here but not a ton. only 3 dealers here with the only lines represented being mc, nautty, 'bu and axis. another shop is trying to get supreme/centurion here but all it is right now is a repair shop in boulder city with 1 guy working.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.P View Post
    Thanks!
    As far as Size 50 would be on the wee side. Matrix and MVP are both great boards. You can get the key which comes in a 52. That would be the sweet spot. Any of these 3 would be better for progression over the hammerhead. Generally the smaller the board the quicker it is.
    Phase 5 also makes some of the most durable boards out there.
    Kanuck boards has the blunt which you can custom order in sizes and designs. These boards are like the soul craft line and are a little more but kick butt.
    As you add tricks you can also go to a much smaller fin which will help with your 180’s and spins.
    2023 Supra SL450 waiting for ice to melt
    2022 Supra SL450 Sold
    2021 Supra SL450 Sold
    2020 Supra SL450 Sold
    2019 Supra SL450 Sold
    2018 Supra SL550 Sold
    2017 MasterCraft X10 Sold
    2013 Supreme V232 Sold
    2003 Centurion Air Warrior Sold