Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mask Mandate

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Fauci has flip flopped on masks including several comments that they don’t work.

Great points, and the vaccine is the only way to get herd immunity.

FDA needs to hire staff and work 24/7 approving the vaccines so we can avoid another shutdown, we are too close to be slow now.

It would be nice to get factual data on death rates etc. We are making decisions on questionable politicized data. Data is unfortunately tainted already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do believe the death rates are going down substantially. In Ky we are having similar deaths per day with 3000 cases as we were with 200 cases per day back in the spring

Where I live we get blasted all the time about wearing masks. It’s the only way to stop this. Now everyone is saying we need to shut the schools down because the spread in the schools is making it way worse. Well, you can’t have both. Schools are 100% mask all the time. So either masks aren’t working the way we are told Or schools aren’t the problem. So which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Where I live we get blasted all the time about wearing masks. It’s the only way to stop this. Now everyone is saying we need to shut the schools down because the spread in the schools is making it way worse. Well, you can’t have both. Schools are 100% mask all the time. So either masks aren’t working the way we are told Or schools aren’t the problem. So which is it?
    Exactly! Perfect example

I think masks do help slow the spread but they are not 100% fool proof. In Houston in June we had outrageous daily new cases, Gov. Abbott issued a state wide mask mandate and my wifes hospital went from 70+ cases to around 10 by mid July. I do not believe that is coincidence. I think the rise we see now has more to do with people not social distancing anymore and a lot of people just flat out refusing to wear masks. People are tired of this crap and it shows. Even if everyone wears a mask, if people stop social distancing cases are bound to go up because masks are not 100% effective but they are more effective than no mask. And the mask mandates are not designed to protect people not wearing a mask, the idea is to protect people from the asymptomatic carrier who is wearing a mask. Clothe masks are pretty ineffective in preventing the wearer from contracting the virus, they much more effective at preventing the sick person from spreading the virus. Same reason we are taught to cover our face when we sneeze or cough. This issue is full of gray. I just want to be able to hang out with my friends and not have to do 2 week quarantine to go to work.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Fauci has flip flopped on masks including several comments that they don’t work.

Great points, and the vaccine is the only way to get herd immunity.

FDA needs to hire staff and work 24/7 approving the vaccines so we can avoid another shutdown, we are too close to be slow now.

It would be nice to get factual data on death rates etc. We are making decisions on questionable politicized data. Data is unfortunately tainted already.

They didn't madante the masks because there were shortages, they needed the masks for front line people. Now there's no question masks prevent the spread and prevents you getting sick, the problem is we have a large group of people spreading false info and not wearing masks and not socially distantancing. Herd immunity was just another trump hoax, just like drinking bleach or hydroxychloroquine.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Mask Mandate

Just in..... Michigan going on 3 week lockdown.

Vaccine NOW!!!! Hurry up FDA

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    They didn't madante the masks because there were shortages, they needed the masks for front line people. Now there's no question masks prevent the spread and prevents you getting sick, the problem is we have a large group of people spreading false info and not wearing masks and not socially distantancing. Herd immunity was just another trump hoax, just like drinking bleach or hydroxychloroquine.
    Lol so you think herd immunity is not real? That’s funny. Look at the statistics of people who get the virus. Over 70% say they wear a mask.

All of you have changed my mind. Thanks for the discussion.
    2019' Moomba Max

Default Mask Mandate

Deleted

Last edited by larry_arizona; 11-15-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I think masks do help slow the spread but they are not 100% fool proof.
    the bigger issue I see and likely points to unstuck's school issue as well are those that have a mask on but are not wearing it properly. putting it on under your nose or down around your chin do no good. my supervisor team get after the younger guys in my warehouse daily about proper mask usage.
    then they all go to the breakroom/lunchroom and all bets are off.... we try to push 2 per table and when not eating cover up but no one does. they all think they're young and either won't get it or think it's like a minor cold. thanks to social media..

there is so much misinformation and grey out there.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten