Default Wakeboarding and Skiing

Im looking at the makai and am just wondering how it wakeboards and skis. I am wanting an honest review and am just wondering how it wakeboard or skis.

For us it has an awesome wakeboard wake and I typically only at 50% with my skill set. Is it as crisp as my buddies Malibu, not 100% but I prefer the shape more for my riding style. We do slalom behind it some and at 32 mph. Its never going to be a true wake less slalom boat as its just too big heavy to be like a Mastercraft 190 or Tige 21i would be or DD ski boat. We've really enjoyed it but we surf and wakeboard more than ski. Best way to ever know is trying to get a demo ride on one to know for yourself.

None of these new wake boats are "great" for skiing from any boat maker. But you can still ski.

Makai is a big boat and with 1/2 ballast weight you will have something big to jump over for wakeboarding. More than enough.

Raptor motors are really good power plants in these boats.
    2018 Supra SL400

I know and if have test drove mastercrafts xt series and am just wondering if it is comparable to that for skiing and wakeboarding?

Quote Originally Posted by aww View Post
    I know and if have test drove mastercrafts xt series and am just wondering if it is comparable to that for skiing and wakeboarding?
    The smart plate really helps to lift the stern at skiing speeds to reduce the size of the wake. Make no mistake, these are not ski boats. I have never skied behind my Mojo as I have a Mastercraft Prostar 197 for skiing but the ski wake behind my Mojo definitely looks skiable at a recreational level at long line lengths. The XT series boats from Mastercraft will not have a tournament worthy ski wake either.
    Last edited by Tommy2slow; 11-13-2020 at 01:30 AM.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    The smart plate really helps to lift the stern at skiing speeds to reduce the size of the wake. Make no mistake, these are not ski boats. I have never skied behind my Mojo as I have a Mastercraft Prostar 197 for skiing but the ski wake behind my Mojo definitely looks skiable at a recreational level at long line lengths. The XT series boats from Mastercraft will not have a tournament worthy ski wake either.
    I know it is not tournaments and I had an older Pro star that I loved, but I need a new boat for the growing family and am wondering which one will throw the best ski wake.

I know it is not tournaments and I had an older Pro star that I loved, but I need a new boat for the growing family and am wondering which one will throw the best ski wake.
    I haven’t seen the wakes behind the other Moomba boats at skiing speed but If I had to hazard a guess I would think the the smaller boats like the Craz or Mondo would serve best as a crossover for you.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

We just got a Craz and I am very pleasantly surprised how decent the ski wake is. Not a prostar 190 by any means but really good considering it does everything else really good as well. I still ski a ton and think it's pretty decent. Our sales guy, who has been selling Moomba for 20yrs, thinks the Craz is the best all around crossover Moomba has. Just his .02
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    If I had to hazard a guess I would think the the smaller boats like the Craz or Mondo would serve best as a crossover for you.
    when we lived in wi my buddy had a mondo. heard a few comments that the wake behind our old tige 22ve was smaller than the mondo and easier to cross. I don't ski so it's all secondhand... that would lead me to believe the craz would be a better ski boat. possibly longer hull displaces more weight evenly? the craz is less lbs per foot than the mondo.

now wakeboarding? mondo destroyed my 22ve...... not even close...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    We just got a Craz and I am very pleasantly surprised how decent the ski wake is. Not a prostar 190 by any means but really good considering it does everything else really good as well. I still ski a ton and think it's pretty decent. Our sales guy, who has been selling Moomba for 20yrs, thinks the Craz is the best all around crossover Moomba has. Just his .02
    I agree. The Mondo or Craz for the best crossover Moomba
    2018 Supra SL400