Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    the centurions were nice and frankly I was quite surprised at the overall feel and finish of the boats but comparing to boone's supra,
    the overhang on the back of the centurions, similar to a sanger 237, made the swim platform feel awfully short. kinda hard to get back up into the boat.
    ramfill is nice but you are still spending 8 minutes filling the other 5 pnp sacs. no benefit there.
    the single screen on the 23 was nice but didn't care for the layout of the dual screen on the 265.
    I had a hell of a time seeing over the bow while pulling a surfer in the 23. I wanted to stand up to drive so bad.
    if you check out the levers on the sides of the steering wheel on supras, the wires are encased in tubes. noticed the centurion had bare red/blue wires ran from wheel to helm. looked unfinished.
    take it or leave it but the speaker pods hanging from the towers were kinda goofy as well. I didn't care for them. the 265 had 2 pods that had 2 rev10's in each and a 6.5 downfiring. they were massive and kinda wierd looking.
    bimini's on both boats were from sewlong out of slc and were the largest biminis I have seen. boone's was close but I bet the centurions offered a tad more coverage.

did I say the waves were awesome.......

that said having spent time on centurion and supra same day, I'd take boone's supra all day over the centurions. they were nice but the 23 was pretty optioned out and they said sell price would be in the 130's. msrp was almost 160. pretty nice supra for that money and better overall finish.
    and I will say after hearing boone's jbl setup, it flat out pounds with 2 subs.
    I have never been able to understand the small steps ignored to clean up the finish. That seems like easy stuff to remedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I have never been able to understand the small steps ignored to clean up the finish. That seems like easy stuff to remedy.

I remember sitting in a centurion at the 2018 boat show with a Centurion VP pointing out serious interior flaws. I work in automotive safety and interiors.... he listened and took notes as he was in Detroit.....

All said, the following year, significant improvements in fit and finish and I am sure it’s getting better.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I remember sitting in a centurion at the 2018 boat show with a Centurion VP pointing out serious interior flaws. I work in automotive safety and interiors.... he listened and took notes as he was in Detroit.....

All said, the following year, significant improvements in fit and finish and I am sure it’s getting better.

They need to poach a interior design engineer from another company and let them go nuts.

From what i heard shane stillman still works for them and thats helped the exteriors.
    Hasnt stopped skiers choice from continuing to push their design envelope....

You guys are right tho they need an interior guru.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Still can't believe how big that interior feels on the 265 when you are sitting inside. I did not get to drive on, but once we launched and I looked at the wave - wow.

First thing I did noticed on the interior was the obs seat. The back was able to pull-out - two back rests. Looked cheap for a big dollar boat like that.
    2018 Supra SL400

I'm not a huge fan of their styling choices but man that wave is money!
    2020 Supra SA

Nice. All the waves looked good. The Penny boat didn't seem to have too mich bow rise.
    2019' Moomba Max

Personally I’m not a fan of the way the hex vinyl option looks. I understand it supposedly allows for cooler surfaces but it looks cheap to me like something I would say from the Yamaha and Scarab jet boats that I came from
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold