Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Centurion demo amd supra ride

Centurion dealer from colorado hauled 3 boats down for a demo day today.
    Got to ride an fi23 and ri265. I will say the waves are pretty amazing and fit/finish is much improved from my last surf set in a centurion. Still a few things i noticed and holy bow rise but overall they are making solid boats. Pcm engines are quite a bit quieter than our last 2 indmars.
    A fun morning......
    Pics below are all from the 265. This boat is stupid big.......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This was dubbed the penny....
    245 iirc but i didnt ride it. Copper and black were all flake.

Went to leave and this boat was launching so i stopped.....

So i got to meet boonjeepin and spent the rest of the day with russ and his daughters...
    SUPER nice peeps and had a great time surfing his se.
    I felt bad as usually you bring cash or help clean. he was waiting for more of the clan to show and I didn't expect to be on a supra all afternoon so didn't bring any coin. but I'll get him back somehow

* edit- should have asked russ before posting pics of him on his foil but man can he sure ride that thing for miles..... got some skills on it.....

Boone below on his foil. Crazy wave.....
    Last edited by sandm; 10-30-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Holy crap.... that wave from boone's SE looks long as hell and its from an unflattering angle. Really thinking I was going to make the Nautique jump, but then you see things like this.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

What an awesome surprise to meet SandM at the ramp and getting a chance to enjoy a beautiful afternoon at Lake Mead on the water. Looking forward to doing it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Nice wave, beautiful boat. Aghh, can't wait for spring again.

Regarding Family's Nauti comment, I agree Nauti is a beautiful boat. Prolly nicest design on the market IMO, but price/pound, sheesh, they're steep and the wave is not much better than any late model Supra weighted properly. My local dealer has had well equipped new '21 SE's in the 170k range, after discount, you can't touch a new Nauti G23 for that kind'a money and the SE will put out just as good a wave and have plenty of luxury features and feel. I really like the Nauti, if I had money to burn prolly would be my first choice, especially that sweet Paragon, but if I want luxury fit and finish, awesome wave and money matters, you can't really beat a Supra. Even Centurion's are priced quite high for value and I think the SE is better looking than Centurion, although I recognize that's a matter of personal taste.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

No question the Supra is in a sweet spot of performance,luxury and price.

If I had FU money, I am still not sure I would go all in on a G23 or G23P.

Mastercraft X star is just out as I can’t stand the tower design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Is there something wrong with that Centtrion’s flip-up seat? It looks like it would feel awkward to lean against and offer minimum back support. Wave looks nice on it and they always throw a nice looking curl. Some things I like on those boats but one thing I never cared for is how low of freeboard there is on the stern. We’ve had to chop throttle a few times to avoid boats or obstacles in the lake and thankful our Max has such a tall freeboard all around that I never have to worry about taking a wave over the stern.

Russ’s Supra looks so clean! I’d love to try foiling but I’m still going to wait until the entry price into that sport comes down. It looks fun and super challaneging!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

the centurions were nice and frankly I was quite surprised at the overall feel and finish of the boats but comparing to boone's supra,
    the overhang on the back of the centurions, similar to a sanger 237, made the swim platform feel awfully short. kinda hard to get back up into the boat.
    ramfill is nice but you are still spending 8 minutes filling the other 5 pnp sacs. no benefit there.
    the single screen on the 23 was nice but didn't care for the layout of the dual screen on the 265.
    I had a hell of a time seeing over the bow while pulling a surfer in the 23. I wanted to stand up to drive so bad.
    if you check out the levers on the sides of the steering wheel on supras, the wires are encased in tubes. noticed the centurion had bare red/blue wires ran from wheel to helm. looked unfinished.
    take it or leave it but the speaker pods hanging from the towers were kinda goofy as well. I didn't care for them. the 265 had 2 pods that had 2 rev10's in each and a 6.5 downfiring. they were massive and kinda wierd looking.
    bimini's on both boats were from sewlong out of slc and were the largest biminis I have seen. boone's was close but I bet the centurions offered a tad more coverage.

did I say the waves were awesome.......

that said having spent time on centurion and supra same day, I'd take boone's supra all day over the centurions. they were nice but the 23 was pretty optioned out and they said sell price would be in the 130's. msrp was almost 160. pretty nice supra for that money and better overall finish.
    and I will say after hearing boone's jbl setup, it flat out pounds with 2 subs.