Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ugly as sin but there was apparently one last year or year prior at the southern surffest and iirc the overall feedback was a legit wave IF you can get past the exterior and interior design....

they are onto something with the brand if only they would fix the front nose a little and do something different inside.

concept is sound as they are selling... there's several on mead and had a family launching one today when I was out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I’m mostly curious why someone would take one of these over a used any other brand. If you have to list the boat or have a suction device anyways, that opens you up to wake boats from the last 10 years at least. They all surf good with ballast and some list. Regardless of the warranty I’d be shopping used name brand if trying to be at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Typical crap media today...he writes about 9 common problems with the Heyday, but has never even seen one in person. I am not a fan of these boats, but this guy is an idiot.

He’s heard people were ejected? He can’t see much storage in the pictures? It doesn’t look like a good boat for fishing? Wtf

Did someone as Heyday steal his wife?

The thing about boats is it’s not just about the wave. Therein lies the problem with HeyDay. Aside from the quirky looks the quality seems pretty meh. Every black gel HeyDay I’ve seen you can see pretty bad swirl marks and cloudy finishes straight from the factory. The interior fabric seems pretty cheap and not a lot of plush feeling on the overall interior layout. To buy a wake boat in 2020 that still requires listing or a suck gate to create its wave just seems crazy no matter how cheap it is.

Resale is another thing to consider and I just don’t see these things holding value as well as other boats. I’d tell your buddy to save a little more and get a nicer boat.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

here in vegas, most houses are only built with 20ft deep garages, finding rv parking of any kind in pricing under 500k is hard and storage units are tough to come by not to mention expensive.
    this does fit a garage need for some and don't need to have a full size truck that you only really need a dozen or 2 times a year. I suspect that is the market they are continuing to look for.

wonder how many were sold this summer with covid eating up the new and used market. buyers picking one up as it's really all that's around.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

8 year warranty though! Holy cow. I didn't read the fine print, but it's marketed as bow to stern. I just saw one last week, pretty new boat and the vinyl was ripped in various places and the stitching was coming apart. Not the best quality (which makes sense at that price point), but I guess an 8 year warranty would alleviate some concerns.

I just bought a brand new boat and only got a 3 year warranty (which almost kept me from buying it), so 8 years is ridiculous. I've also heard it makes a pretty impressive wave all things considered, and the the hull design (albeit an ugly duckling) is pretty ingenious. Hack makes a great point though. Nobody boats ONLY to surf. It's about spending time together as friends and family and a one trick pony like that smaller Heyday lacks in a lot of areas.

I wouldnt buy one just because I don't want to be apart of the most sensitive, easily butthurt boat owners out there. Their reps are annoying asf too. Go ask this question on wakesurf world and you'll see what I mean.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I wouldnt buy one just because I don't want to be apart of the most sensitive, easily butthurt boat owners out there. Their reps are annoying asf too. Go ask this question on wakesurf world and you'll see what I mean.
    Nobody likes their baby called UGLY.

In everyone’s mind, they spent their money on a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Kind of off topic, but not really:

We were at Lake Powell two weeks ago. We had just put the boat in the water and I was parking the truck/trailer. As I walked back to the water I noticed a Heyday on a trailer with two guys in the boat. I then saw that it was a rental and boy was it beat up! As I walked past I heard the owner asking the renter if he "got all that?". He looked overwhelmed. I smiled to myself and headed down the ramp.
    Our goal for the day was to cruise about 50 miles up lake to go to Rainbow Bridge. It's a LONG trek, but the water was nice and we were making good time. We got there docked, and went for a short hike to the bridge. As we got back to the boat about an hour later, we saw that Heyday coming in to the dock. The wind had picked up a bit and he was having a hard time getting it into the dock. We walked over and offered help and he gladly accepted. We grabbed the boat and held it while he looked for ropes and bumpers. He only wanted to tie off the front end so we explained the need to tie off the rear as well so the wind doesn't try to swing the boat around.
    This was the first time I really saw the inside of one of these Heydays. My daughters were very unimpressed with the hot tub seating and overall crampy arrangement. Then I noticed this guy had one of those baby cage/crib things taking up the whole "open" area of the cabin. There was a VERY young baby fast asleep in the crib. No jacket on. There was one 5-6 year old boy with a jacket on and then mom and dad. We got them tied off and returned to our boat and eat some snacks.
    Ten minutes later the wind really picked up. The way the dock was situated and the direction of the wind made it a little difficult to leave the dock and get turned around. We did alright and left for home. Once we got to the main channel the wind was BLOWING. We were getting pretty beat up in 2-3 foot swells. We stopped at Dangling Rope to top off the fuel, which is only about 8-10 miles into our return trip, with about 40 more to go. It was a nice break from the beating we were taking. I started to wonder about that guy with the Heyday. I thought about heading back to the Bridge to see if they got out of there. The idea of adding 20 miles to this trip didn't sound good. We pressed on towards Wahweap. I wont say I was scared, but I have never been so nervous on our boat. I kept it cool so the kids wouldn't get scared. They all had jackets on, and I was very close to telling the adults to jacket up, but never did. We almost ran aground twice as shallow rocks were hidden by the high rollers. I was standing up the whole time to see better, and I was taking spray to the face like crazy. I was drenched in water. It took us twice as long to get home. I missed turns twice and ended up in wrong canyons so that set us back more. We made it back to Wahweap in once piece and am grateful for that. We never saw the Heyday again and don't know what became of it. In that 50 mile run home, we only saw 4-5 other boats out there. Hopefully the Heyday can handle rough water. I can't imagine a ride rougher than what we experienced. I have 5 years of inboard experience now and it was a hard day for me. Must have been brutal for that guy. I sure hope they had a jacket for that baby.