Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

For what it's worth, I owned the exact boat in those pictures. In fact I think it was the one in that picture. I don't know that for 100% certain, but I had that model. The VIN had it listed as a '17 but they didn't release that model until '18 so I'm assuming I had one that they used for advertising/pictures etc. early off the line. Anyways, I bought it as a demo with 17 hours on it from the rep in Tennessee. I paid an even $35k for it. I owned it for one season. It's a perfect case of, you get what you pay for. The fit and finish doesn't come close to comparing to the Craz I have now. The upholstery isn't nearly as nice. The layout isn't great. But, it was less than half the price of the Craz. Also, it does make a pretty nice wave for a 19'6" boat. I used a Mission Delta and it cleaned up nice. Would I ever own another boat without a surf system? No, I wouldn't. But if that boat is in what your budget can afford, it takes less than 15 seconds to attach a Delta. If someone with a lower end budget wants to get into boating and surfing, that is a capable boat and they continue to get a little better quality each year. I sat in the new WT-2DC at the boat show last year and if my budget were still under $45k, I would've bought one. The looks thing is all personal preference. I'm not saying it's great but I got past it so that I could get into surfing.
    '19 Moomba Craz

'17 Heyday WT-1SC - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    I wouldnt buy one just because I don't want to be apart of the most sensitive, easily butthurt boat owners out there. Their reps are annoying asf too. Go ask this question on wakesurf world and you'll see what I mean.
    Wakesurf world, I googled it. What language is that? German?

https://wakesurf.world/

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Nobody likes their baby called UGLY.

In everyone’s mind, they spent their money on a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lots of people think the Max is ugly. We don't get ridiculously butthurt about it. We know its a unique look, and its not for everyone. There is way more to it than that anyway. Heyday owners have this overwhelming desire to prove everyone else wasted their money. It really comes across as jealousy to me too. They really bring the hate on themselves IMHO

Disclaimer: I'm talking about owners, and reps that post in the online groups. Im sure the majority of owners aren't like that, and could careless about what others think.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Wakesurf world, I googled it. What language is that? German?

https://wakesurf.world/
    LOL Its a FB group with 19k members. I have no idea what your link is. See below

Screenshot_20201102-120108_Facebook.jpg
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by ktenan12 View Post
    For what it's worth, I owned the exact boat in those pictures. In fact I think it was the one in that picture. I don't know that for 100% certain, but I had that model. The VIN had it listed as a '17 but they didn't release that model until '18 so I'm assuming I had one that they used for advertising/pictures etc. early off the line. Anyways, I bought it as a demo with 17 hours on it from the rep in Tennessee. I paid an even $35k for it. I owned it for one season. It's a perfect case of, you get what you pay for. The fit and finish doesn't come close to comparing to the Craz I have now. The upholstery isn't nearly as nice. The layout isn't great. But, it was less than half the price of the Craz. Also, it does make a pretty nice wave for a 19'6" boat. I used a Mission Delta and it cleaned up nice. Would I ever own another boat without a surf system? No, I wouldn't. But if that boat is in what your budget can afford, it takes less than 15 seconds to attach a Delta. If someone with a lower end budget wants to get into boating and surfing, that is a capable boat and they continue to get a little better quality each year. I sat in the new WT-2DC at the boat show last year and if my budget were still under $45k, I would've bought one. The looks thing is all personal preference. I'm not saying it's great but I got past it so that I could get into surfing.
    All good points but I think the price of these went up a lot. MSRP on their website is now 40k for the small one. Add some very basic options such as boars racks, speed control, battery switch, bimini, and you are at 50k. The mid size model starts at 54k and quickly is at 64k with basic options. Their "surf" model is priced near the same as a Moomba Max with options.
    2020 Supra SE 450