Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They have reduced the cost of the fiberglass mold and fabrication with the long, flat side panels. They also have shorter boats and claim as many passengers as the big boats with their "signature hot tub seats" in the back. Seems weird in so many ways to me.

They are a Bayliner boat, so know that you are getting Bayliner quality in the mechanical, fit & finish, etc. Every time I see one on the lake it looks pretty beat up and they haven't been around that long.

Quote Originally Posted by tre View Post
    This is like comparing a Chevy Spark to a Porsche 911. Not in the same ball park. The Chevy Spark will ultimately accomplish the same task but it is slow, ugly, and does nothing as well as the Porsche.

Heydey can't accomplish a reasonable surf wave without tabs. They don't have a surf system of any kind so you are required to manually attach and remove a suck-gate to get a surf wave. If your buddy has the money, get a Moomba.

How long is that thing? Like 12 feet? You can probably tow it with a civic.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Bayliner........I am OUT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

You guys are ignorant fanboys.

I'd take a base Heyday WT-1SC over a loaded Supra SE any day of the week. No surf tabs to maintain. No tower speakers to cut your head open with. Only 50 bucks to fill up that massive 35 gallon tank and lightning fast fill times on the 1200lbs of ballast. All this plus HOT TUB seating. There is no other boat that can attract the sweet honey's more than these "water tractors".

I swear I read somewhere that Heyday claimed Nautique copied their WT hull to make the paragon......Bwahahaha

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I swear I read somewhere that Heyday claimed Nautique copied their WT hull to make the paragon......Bwahahaha

It's true. Various sources confirm this.

Luckily, Heyday had their diagrams for "hot tub seating" separately locked away in a Swiss safe deposit box or Nautique probably would have stole that too.

Thanks for the valid feedback all!! I didn't want to get into the looks competition telling him the boat was sort of.. not pretty.

He was sort of sold on not needing surf tabs due to the hull design, but I watched a few video reviews and it seems the use the 2003 method of surfing which is to throw all the weight to one side.. slam some surf wedges on the side of the boat and go.. want to switch to the other side.. drain and fill it and then go again.

In general, I'm guessing the ~$10K delta between a WT Surft and a Max isn't worth the savings.

It seems like he get get one out the door for a hair over $70k.. Which seems really high for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Thanks for the valid feedback all!! I didn't want to get into the looks competition telling him the boat was sort of.. not pretty.

He was sort of sold on not needing surf tabs due to the hull design, but I watched a few video reviews and it seems the use the 2003 method of surfing which is to throw all the weight to one side.. slam some surf wedges on the side of the boat and go.. want to switch to the other side.. drain and fill it and then go again.

In general, I'm guessing the ~$10K delta between a WT Surft and a Max isn't worth the savings.

It seems like he get get one out the door for a hair over $70k.. Which seems really high for what you get.
    I tease, but the reality is this...

He will create lifelong wonderful family memories in any boat! I do worry that the price delta between a max and Heyday will closer to 15-20K in the current market however. But 70k isn't pocket change. I'd have a hard time spending that kind of coin for the Heyday. 50-60K? Ok, I get it. 70K? I'd keep saving for a bit longer or find a way to spend the extra 50 bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post

The two biggest issues I had (ignoring the looks as you are right that is not an argument you will win if he is considering the boat he must be ok with the look) was the lack of surf system because lets face it a new boat without a surf system is pretty brutal these days as you said it is not 2003 anymore, shocked they haven't gone to GSA or something along that line. And in line with that is they have horrendous resale value as they are not a great name, offer limited features and have a poor layout that people cannot get past so your market is very small.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Larry, you joke, but if you knew the lineage of Heyday, it isn't that far fetched.

Here is the history lesson. Former Mastercraft execs bought Bryant boats. One of their sons was a regional pro rider. Together, they developed the original Heyday Wake Tractor built by Bryant. Bryant sold Heyday to Brunswick Boat Group, same company owns SeaRay, Boston Whaler, Princecraft and a host of other brands. They also own US Marine, which is Bayliner and used to be also Maxum. Brunswick put Heyday under the US Marine umbrella for territory and marketing purposes. After that, Bryant sold out to Correct Craft, who owns???? Ding ding ding, Nautique, Supreme, Centurion. So would Nautique have a little access through former Bryant employees? Absolutely.

Whether you like the Heyday is up to you, but a lot of misinformation out there. I have been on them, yes they are quirkey, but they perform very well and are simple. For a new boating family, an 8 year warranty (and they'll most likely need it) is pretty strong. And they are of the same engineering pedigree of all the other Knoxville area produced boats.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold