Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soulcraft Super AV Riders

Anyone riding a Soulcraft Super AV and can compare to the other Soulcraft boards? Or other higher end boards?
    What is your board size and weight?
    2018 Supra SL400

I have 3 Soul Crafts that are always on our boat.

I ride the Jordi Pro and the Voodoo. I bought the Voodoo first a few years back and then bought the Jordi 2 seasons ago. I prefer the Jordi Pro, my Voodoo never really comes out after I got the Jordi.

I am 5'11" 190lbs and love the s--t out of the Jordi. I ride the 4'6" in the Jordi. I have buddies who ride the Phantom and I've ridden it many times and it feels like a slow azz log compared to the Jordi.

My 13 year old son rides the Super AV in the 4'3" model so I can't ride it, but he loves it and tears it up on it.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

not going to be able to offer any real input on the specific boards mentioned however we have 3 done by jeff before he moved to cali. he started in boise and was fortunate enough to have snagged 3 that he personally shaped in his garage and surfed with him a few times... even though he is goofy...

my personal board is a surf style from '12 that is not that much different than what is produced today(back then he custom made everything so he didn't have "named" boards). still rides like new. I'm 215ish and ride a 4'6".
    we also have a 6+ft longboard that he did for a few. it's super easy to ride back into the abyss and still recover. hard to do much else with it but it's our fun cruise with the boat board. no matter the board from him, fins were the best add on we did. it took me a few weeks to get the new fins I ordered and jeffs surf style was slower until I put on a set of futures blackstix. woke that board right up. might try some fins on the phantom.

brigade started out in boise(eagle) as well. I'd have a real hard time spending monies on that brand as the kid that started it was an a$$tard but he left his partners hanging and no longer involved in the company. that said I'd still push my monies toward jeff. a truly genuine guy that builds one of if not the best custom surf style boards out there....

skim, I'd look at victoria boards. surfed a few of theirs and they make a solid skim board.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Is Jeff still the owner of SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Is Jeff still the owner of SC?
    ya. he's more into ocean surfing than wakesurfing but realized living in idaho and no ocean that wakesurfing is where the monies are. I would suspect that being close to the ocean now he spends more time there than on a boat but he's a sharp cat and knows what to sell to keep the lights on.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ya. he's more into ocean surfing than wakesurfing but realized living in idaho and no ocean that wakesurfing is where the monies are. I would suspect that being close to the ocean now he spends more time there than on a boat but he's a sharp cat and knows what to sell to keep the lights on.
    I thought I caught wind that he doesn’t own that outfit anymore. I think a group bought it?

Maybe I dreamed that or something.

I think someone was having trouble with a warranty claim with the new group, and was lamenting the fact that Jeff would’ve taken care of it if he was still running the show. I think it was on one of these forums?

Like I said, I definitely could have imagined it.

I thought I caught wind that he doesn’t own that outfit anymore. I think a group bought it?

Maybe I dreamed that or something.

I think someone was having trouble with a warranty claim with the new group, and was lamenting the fact that Jeff would’ve taken care of it if he was still running the show. I think it was on one of these forums?

Like I said, I definitely could have imagined it.

How big is your Chaos Sixer? Are you about 225#?

I have the opportunity to get a 4-6, but I'm at 225-230# I think it might be too small. Probably between 4-6 and 4-8.

I friend bought it and did not use it all summer.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The Super AV is also the 4-6 size. My Vodoo I ride is 4-8 and is wider then the Super AV. Not sure it will float me.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    How big is your Chaos Sixer? Are you about 225#?

I have the opportunity to get a 4-6, but I'm at 225-230# I think it might be too small. Probably between 4-6 and 4-8.

I friend bought it and did not use it all summer.

IMHO Too small for you. 4-8 on a solid wave. 4-6 would be just a hair small I think. It will be fun in the pocket but will be a pain in the ass as you get a hair too far back.

I am your weight at 6-3. I ride 4-8 boards.

IMHO Too small for you. 4-8 on a solid wave. 4-6 would be just a hair small I think. It will be fun in the pocket but will be a pain in the ass as you get a hair too far back.

I am your weight at 6-3. I ride 4-8 boards.

Thanks. That is exactly what I was thinking. In the pocket on the SL you can ride a kitchen table flipped upside down. When I ride that 4-8 Voodoo, it's easy to recover from the back of the pocket and try to get some air. Was thinking I would be pumping like a mad-man to stay in the wave.
    2018 Supra SL400