Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2015 Moomba mojo cruise

I just bought a mojo. Been wakeboarding behind a 06 vlx for the past 2 years. Decided to try to upgrade. Is it normal for the cruise on the mojo to lose speed in turn arounds when heavily weighted? Slight turns will do the same.. have to stay completely straight for it to hold speed.. can’t even jump toeside do to when you edge out on your heels the boat loses all its speed.... boat has the 1235 prop. Will going to a upgraded prop like the OJ 945 solve this?? Or is this just how the Moomba cruise operates???

Zero off gps cruise or the paddle wheel? I have the gps and don’t notice the effect you are speaking of.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Zero off gps cruise or the paddle wheel? I have the gps and don’t notice the effect you are speaking of.
    Paddle wheel... the paddle wheel seems fine spins freely.

Shouldn’t slow down when you edge. Normal to slow in a tight turn. There may be some adjustments on the display that can increase how much throttle your speed control can give to maintain speed. On a DD the speed can control can often have settings to adjust for the skiers weight and how much pull they want from the boat so you might have similar adjustments on your boat.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

A couple of questions: what speed control is the boat equipped with and when you say “heavily weighted “ just how heavy are we talking? My 2020 Mojo with the standard prop, 400 engine, and 1.76:1 trans at 2,200 foot elevation won’t plane with anything more than about 3,500 ballast. Are you having troubles getting the boat up to speed? I would think anything more than 10 seconds to reach riding speed with a rider is too slow and you should remove some ballast or re-prop.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

It just has the Moomba Cruise. Running 1100s in the rear. Center hard tank full, 425 in the nose and 1,200 pounds of lead that we move around in the floor.. boat seems like it needs a lot of weight to make a big wakeboard wake.. trying to run 23 mph. Dash doesn’t even read the right speed.. for 23mph I have to set the cruise to 18.6. Gets on plane okay... just can’t keep speed when edging out.. and after turn arounds since the boat loses speed.. the rpms will ramp up to 5500... think just the prop will help?

That is a lot of weight! I would think unless you are running most of your lead in the rear that you could achieve the same steep wake by reducing overall weight but keeping a rear bias and removing wake plate once auto launch is over.

Also, I don’t have experience with a paddle wheel - but that seems way wrong as described.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    That is a lot of weight! I would think unless you are running most of your lead in the rear that you could achieve the same steep wake by reducing overall weight but keeping a rear bias and removing wake plate once auto launch is over.

Also, I don’t have experience with a paddle wheel - but that seems way wrong as described.
    Yea so basically What I’m trying to achieve is getting the biggest steepest wake possible at 85 feet at around 23 mph. What I’ve noticed with these boats are the wake is very narrow..

I would start with the cruise and confirm it is working correctly (sounds like it isn’t). I’m assuming that you wakeboard with a small crew as that is a lot of weight. If the boat gets up on plane no problem and the wake isn’t washed out at 23 mph than the more weight the merrier. I would start with a new paddle wheel and go from there.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

The cruise needs to be calibrated in settings. Use a speed/Navionics app and then adjust the boat so that it reads correct amount. It is a +- system so that it will read correct amount.

Sounds like you may need a prop change with that much weight and are probably tail heavy. But those rpm’s would scare me if ran on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA